The Student Room Group

Labour predicted to win with an overall majority...

Scroll to see replies

Well, according to the "Political Compass" I'm with the Greens. Thank you internet for choosing my vote.
Original post by Thomson2013

Well, according to the "Political Compass" I'm with the Greens. Thank you internet for choosing my vote.

lmfao
Reply 22
Original post by octopauly
****ing hell, that graph is a load of ****e

Original post by whorace
That compass is laughably bad. The Greens are far more authoritarian, the Conservatives value minimal state intervention in the economy, Ukip are only slightly more authoritarian. Labour is radical centre. Lib dem authoritarian? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I think there's a lack of understanding of the two dimensional politics this graph is trying to present. The Conservatives are economically liberal (ie right wing), but fairly authoritarian (internet censoring, no votes for prisoners, strong drugs policy, anti-terrorism powers, snooping laws etc). The Greens aren't economically liberal (2% wealth on the top 1%, nationalising rail services, increasing top rate of income tax to 60%, ending austerity) ie left wing, but are very socially liberal (decriminalising drugs and brothels, giving 16 year olds the vote, scrapping uni fees etc).

As you can see in the other graph in my post, the Lib Dems were placed as a lot less authoritarian in 2010, but they've changed their attitudes somewhat. They're a lot tougher on immigration now, they no longer want to scrap uni fees. The Lib Dems used to be the only party that was placed in the purple area where I am, now no party sits there :frown:
As far as I'm concerned both parties should be on trial for treason against British people. Ethnically British people that is.

Stop voting these parties how many Conservative parties have been in power and we still had mass immigration? they don't give a damn, they've got a new voting demographic now so White people no longer matter.
Reply 24
England has been racially destroyed

Scotland too...

Not even Ireland is safe

They replace us with Asians and Blacks who make up far greater numbers than us yet they are called a minority!

We are the real minority, not them.

This is our ancestral homeland, not theirs.

Remember this. I'm sick of all this bull**** while we're treated as the villain when we're the real victim here.

It is easy for these people they come here and make us foreigners in our own homeland, then whine about racism when what they're doing to us is racism.

Am I wrong? tell me why. :smile:
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 25
Original post by The two eds
...how does everyone feel with Labour winning the general election?

Already a few threads have talked about how leading pollsters have put them into first and with the SNP coalition it is a sad outcome.

In conjunction with the SNP they are looking at 50% share of the vote and 489 seats, quite a victory.

Eh?

No, no they're not...
Reply 26
Original post by Gott
True, but Labour is worse than the torries, that was my thinking but there's no significant difference of that front so... vote UKIP

Will UKIP's leader survive the 7th of May?
Reply 27
Original post by Gott
Hopefully

No flying stunts this time :P
Labour are unlikely to win with an overall majority but I think the most likely eventual outcome from the 2015 election is Ed Miliband being PM. There is a possibility that Cameron may try and form a government first, if the Conservatives are the largest party, but if there are over 323 MPs elected that will vote their Queens Speech/Budget down then he will resign.

There's a good article on May2015.com that summarises the electoral arithmetic.

Basically the logic goes like this: when you take out all the safe bet seats (including marginals where the Tories aren't involved in the race) it comes down to about 80 marginals, almost all in England, mainly where Conservatives won from Labour in 2010. If Labour can win 35 of these back then Miliband will be PM. The May2015.com analysis predicts 24 of them are pretty likely to be Labour wins, so they need to win 11 where it's more uncertain. However 9 of these still have Labour favoured to win in the current polls which basically puts Miliband needing 2 out of 56 uncertain ones.

This doesn't mean its a sure thing and if the polls have a late swing back to Cameron it will be game on again but there does need to be a significant swing now, it is pretty difficult for Cameron to get the numbers needed to get an overall majority, although the Conservatives may be still the largest party (just about).
Reply 29
Original post by Empirious
Labour/Tory, they're all more or less the same now. All the mainstream parties have merged into the same position on the political spectrum - that being the centre.

Yeah, if you say that I immediately think you're an extremist who either wants to abolish capitalism or deport everyone whose great-grandparents weren't born in the Home Counties.
Original post by ThinkGenocide
As far as I'm concerned both parties should be on trial for treason against British people. Ethnically British people that is.

Stop voting these parties how many Conservative parties have been in power and we still had mass immigration? they don't give a damn, they've got a new voting demographic now so White people no longer matter.

Now who can these ethnically British people be?

We have always had immigration since history began so are we talking just those who were here 2,000 years ago or 3,000 years ago?

Do the Celts count as ethnically British? They arrived from the East, Romans? ( and they included peoples from all over Europe and North Africa / Caesar had problems with the French popping over too), Anglo Saxons ?( from Denmark and Germany), Danes ?, Norsemen? ( Norway and Sweden), Normans? ( French/ Danes), Irish? ( apparently some authorities think they came from South West France), Scots? ( some originally from Ireland), Huguenot French? Dutch? Germans? Italians? Africans? I could go on.

It is natural to feel uncertain about people we don't know yet but this is how countries develop, by meeting new ideas and taking the best of them.

We can't manage without immigration. We are an ageing population and desperately need young people. Immigrants are on the whole young and hard working, - cheap too, we haven't had to spend on their education etc.

Countries which have had large immigration have thrived, think the US.

If what you are worried about is the lack of housing, school places, low wages etc. these are political problems, ie the lack of Governmental planning and regulation. This is where you should be directing your complaints not at immigration which is one of the ways we can solve our problems.
Original post by Gott
Well... that's Britain ****ed for another 5 years, damn democracy :rolleyes:

If Labour/SNP wins, the future is real grim. :mad::mad::mad:
If the polls I saw are perfectly correct (which they aren't but for arguments sake say they are). Labor will just have a few more seats than conservatives and will have to do a coalition with the SNP (which no one wants). HOWEVER, if they gain just 4 more seats than predicted they will be able to form a coalition with all non-right wing parties excluding the SNP and just have enough for a majority (so lib dems, greens, welsh and irish parties and the independents). Honestly...I think that's the best chance weve got.
Original post by Empirious
Labour/Tory, they're all more or less the same now. All the mainstream parties have merged into the same position on the political spectrum - that being the centre.

Everyone who says this just isn't paying attention. Read the manifestos. Listen to what they say. There are big differences in lots of areas, not to mention in underlying philosophy.
lol I love how OP plucked some figures out of his arse and everyone has just resorted to bashing labour

Since when was a student forum so right wing?
If he wins an majority i fear very much for your country if that pleb is in control.
UKIP aren't authoritarian at all
Original post by TimmonaPortella
Everyone who says this just isn't paying attention. Read the manifestos. Listen to what they say. There are big differences in lots of areas, not to mention in underlying philosophy.

Reply 38
Original post by Maid Marian
I know it's going to happen and the thought of it makes my insides crumble! :dong: I believe that another Labour government would be truly devastating for our country and it makes me want to cry because I really love Britain. :frown: I think I maybe need to get less emotionally invested in this politics thing:dong:

Bit too late to love it. Most of europe has made itself into a Balkanised mess. Better to leave, I think.
Reply 39
Original post by Law-Hopeful
lol I love how OP plucked some figures out of his arse and everyone has just resorted to bashing labour

Since when was a student forum so right wing?

Pretty much our generation is right wing, and we have the good fortune of inherting the filthy mess our pinko parents and grandparents created.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending