Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University Accommodation 2015 - FB Groups

Scroll to see replies

Cardiff Accommodations groups :biggrin:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Not long left to go now, if you have any questions about what the accommodations are like, nearest shops, jobs, distances etc feel free to post on here or drop a message :smile:
How social is Talybont Gate?
Original post by _collegegirl
How social is Talybont Gate?

As it is a very new building the parties aren't as wild as those in Taly north, but it is very sociable everyone get along with the flats on the same floor. Even though it isn't as sociable as Taly North, the building is very new and more appealing to live in.
Any questions people, feel free to ask me.. Student Warden here.
how far are my chances that i would get an accomodation in tally south?
i am a pg applicant who got an unconditional offer and applied for accomodation a week ago.
Original post by amjasbaker
how far are my chances that i would get an accomodation in tally south?
i am a pg applicant who got an unconditional offer and applied for accomodation a week ago.

If you got an unconditional offer, you should get your accommodation 1st choice. If i am not wrong
Hey, I was wondering how social seng court is? Thanks
Original post by rachaelscot9562
Hey, I was wondering how social seng court is? Thanks

Seng Court is also social, much more of a "smaller community" so pretty much everyone will know every at Seng Court. Good things is its right next to town city centre and main university.
Thanks for ur fast response. I was wondering weather my flatmates would all be postgraduate students? Also is it true that cardiff accommodation tries to put the student from the same course and country together? I mean it should be diverse right?
Thank you for fast reply, is it mainly international students?
Original post by amjasbaker
Thanks for ur fast response. I was wondering weather my flatmates would all be postgraduate students? Also is it true that cardiff accommodation tries to put the student from the same course and country together? I mean it should be diverse right?

you get one or two people or more from your course in the same block of halls but not from the same country lol. its all mixed. And no postgrads are kept separte
Original post by rachaelscot9562
Thank you for fast reply, is it mainly international students?

Seng Court kind of is ish just because its close to town, but i wouldn't say mainly international, it just has a larger proprotion than the others would have
Reply 33
Hi, i was wondering how far both Taly south and north are from the maths building?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by catt_m
Hi, i was wondering how far both Taly south and north are from the maths building?

Talybont North is 5 mins further from Taly South, but approximately it takes about 20 - 25 minutes to get to the Cardiff University Students Union, and approx 2-3 mins from there is the MAths building
Reply 35
Does anyone know which would be the better option out of Gordon Hall and Sengennydd hall if you are studying in the social sciences building? and also which is closer to the city centre?

I think Sengennydd hall is closer, however I'm sure to get into the city centre during the open day I had to go up lots of stairs and over a bridge kind of thing? (Unless there's a quicker way which I didn't realise)

I am also really undecided as whether to take my car to Uni or whether to sell it before I start and just rely on trains and walking, since part of me feels I won't need a car whilst at Uni!

So many decisions ahhh! :P
Reply 36
Original post by Martin6
Does anyone know which would be the better option out of Gordon Hall and Sengennydd hall if you are studying in the social sciences building? and also which is closer to the city centre?

I think Sengennydd hall is closer, however I'm sure to get into the city centre during the open day I had to go up lots of stairs and over a bridge kind of thing? (Unless there's a quicker way which I didn't realise)

I am also really undecided as whether to take my car to Uni or whether to sell it before I start and just rely on trains and walking, since part of me feels I won't need a car whilst at Uni!

I'm not taking my car; you will be hard-pressed to find any parking spaces! I was told it wouldn't be worth it, especially if you're living in halls accommodation :smile:
Senghenydd is really close to the centre and one of the better accomodations socially. However, the kitchens are very small and bathroom facilities are shared.
Reply 38
Original post by Jameshills1994
Senghenydd is really close to the centre and one of the better accomodations socially. However, the kitchens are very small and bathroom facilities are shared.

Is that Senghennydd court? I'm pretty sure the hall has ensuite bathrooms? :biggrin: (I'm pretty sure there was the option for that anyway haha! I think I would be lost without my own bathroom! :O

It includes evening meals (mon-fri) too apparently, which I assume are free? :O Saves on the cooking a bit haha!

Original post by Steffie.
I'm not taking my car; you will be hard-pressed to find any parking spaces! I was told it wouldn't be worth it, especially if you're living in halls accommodation :smile:

That's very true, and one of the reasons I kept switching between Gordon Hall (which has on site parking) and Senghennydd hall (which doesn't) :P Yeah I really don't think it will be worth it. Perhaps if I was planning on travelling home often, but when I want to go home I guess I can just get a train. :P The only time it will bother me is when I'm at home and not able to go anywhere at my leisure! :P

Thanks for the replies guys :smile:
Original post by Martin6

If you are in Senghennydd court, most likely won't need a car as everything is walking distance i.e. town and social sciences building. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending