The Student Room Group
Ravensbourne University London
London

A day in the Life of a Ravensbourne Digital Photography

I am a 2nd year photography student and in my last term, we were given four different briefs. (IPAD, motion, John Lewis and point and shoot). Normally when people think of photography they forget about moving image, which is something we had to work with on our last brief along side three advertising briefs. The brief we are given ten to give us more and more creative freedom as we work through each term.
As the course is quite technological based, you are asked to have a Tumblr, a Word Press to use and a sketchbook.

Here’s a peak at mine.

http://tarammsimpson.tumblr.com/
https://tarammsimpson.wordpress.com/

The iPad brief is quite a common example of what we get up to on the course. We were all given 3 weeks to decide our theme then we had to sign it off to our tutor. We then get given a specific time we had to shoot. What is good about the course is that we all get to work together and assist each other and other levels. I feel the course is all about interactive learning rather than reading a crazy amount of books.

The Ipad brief was based on studio photography and models. I had to find and contact all my own models, Mua’s and hair stylists. If someone told me to so this, this last year, I would of went into panic mode but this is where the help and guidance from my tutors and even other peers who are in higher levels has helped.

We are normally given a template that we have to work around and we are taught how to use software like LightRoom, capture one and InDesign. Part of this brief we got to work with the amazing phase one cameras. And we get to work with the graphics side of photography and not just the capturing of the image part.

Thanks for reading.
Hope you like it.

What do you think about my project?

Tara
Hey Guys! If you're a Digital Photography Student, you might want to keep these little tips in mind. This is our 7 Things you need as a Digital Photography student.

1. A Camera! That goes without saying! YOU NEED A Camera if you're in this profession even if it's your phone Camera ;P

2. Memory card. When using your camera, it might get full and it would be useful to have a spare to take exact images.

3. Batteries! Bring an extra pack where you go, it might come in handle for you.

4. External flash, Can't get the right lighting? This will help.

5. Sketch Book. You may never know what you might want to write down. You could even draw a storyboard if needed.

6. Laptop. For the edits and the little adjustments that needs to be made.

7. Bag :biggrin: Hey~! You got to put it all somewhere right? It's important that you protect your equipment too!

Hope this was useful. Do you think we missed anything?

Let us know what you think :biggrin:
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending