The Student Room Group

Sexiest men and women in the World as shown by recent study

Scroll to see replies

Original post by binarythoughts
100% agree

YUSSSS :woo:
He was voted 3rd most wanted guy in India :lol:
Original post by godivaontherocks
Where are the French guys?? And the Russian girls? And German guys...? And the Colombian men?!

They're not on the list.
Afghani guys are so much hotter than Pakistani! just saying
Original post by LeftWingMoron
They're not on the list.

I know lol that was kind of my point. :tongue: I can't believe they're not on there...
That study looks bogus, since when are English and Pakistani men considered handsome internationally?
Original post by RobML
I'm sad how Welsh is the only British nationality not there :frown:

Aww, are you Welsh? Chin up hun, this survey reeks of BS to me anyway.
Original post by godivaontherocks
Aww, are you Welsh? Chin up hun, this survey reeks of BS to me anyway.

Why?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 27
This is only the opinions of these specific Americans who are stating it.

It's only 66,000 American women and 44,000 American men stating this so it only reflects these men and women. I would put Colombian women at the top myself.

Funny how some people think it's the international opinion when it clearly states who made up the survey.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 28
Original post by EdmundWoodstock
That study looks bogus, since when are English and Pakistani men considered handsome internationally?

Are you stupid or something? It's not an international survey, it's a survey on the opinions of 66,000 American women and 44,000 American men.
This is not a survey of the sexiest men and women in the world.

This is a survey of the sexiest men and women in the world, in the opinion of 44,000 American men and 66,000 American women.

Hardly definitive.
Original post by slade p
Are you stupid or something? It's not an international survey, it's a survey on the opinions of 66,000 American women and 44,000 American men.

So american views on how english people look isn't an international opinion?

Erm.....no.

It's an American opinion.

An international opinion would be one made up of multiple nationalities.....you know....as in.....international.
Original post by bolly_mad
Erm.....no.

It's an American opinion.

An international opinion would be one made up of multiple nationalities.....you know....as in.....international.

It is international, my original comment was since when have English people been considered handsome internationally? Americans are not English and thus their opinions are international ones.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 33

No it's not international, which means more then one country would have to had voted on the survey. Also even if it was based on 2 countries, it would be silly to call it international based on only 2 countries, instead of just mentioning the 2 countries.
You said.

It is international, my original comment was since when have English people been considered handsome internationally? Americans are not English and thus their opinions are international ones.

It could be said that it is an international opinion technically. But that is potentially misleading.

It is more accurate to say that an American view on how English people look is an American opinion.

An American, Canadian, Mexican survey on how English people look would be a North American opinion.

An American, Canadian, Mexican, Brazillian, South African, Japanese, Indian, South Korean, French, Russian, Saudi Arabian survey on how English people look would be an International opinion.

I just think the word could be used to mislead people, as this thread has done by taking the results of one survey made up entirely of American opinions as a definitive study on who the 'sexiest people in the world' are.

Americans alone don't get to decide. This is a survey of the 'Sexiest nationalities in the world according to Americans'.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by slade p
No it's not international, which means more then one country would have to had voted on the survey. Also even if it was based on 2 countries, it would be silly to call it international based on only 2 countries, instead of just mentioning the 2 countries.

This student forum is based in England. Thus, any opinion from another country is an international opinion. Admittedly, this term is commonly used when in reference to several foreign countries, but it doesn't have to be referring to more than one for it to qualify as international: national is within a country, international is outside a country.
Wow Japanese/Chinese/Korean women aren't even on the list...
Reply 37
The opinion of one country towards another does not make it an international opinion towards that country. It has to be atleast 2 countries making the opinion of a country for it to be an international opinion On that country but even then it's not a broad international opinion and would not be called international in general.

You fail to realise the basic point that the survey is not internationally voted, therefor the survey is not international. The question having an international choice does not make the survey international.
Reply 38
Original post by Complex solution
Wow Japanese/Chinese/Korean women aren't even on the list...

Lemme guess, your a white guy with an oriental fetish?
Original post by slade p
The opinion of one country towards another does not make it an international opinion towards that country. It has to be atleast 2 countries making the opinion of a country for it to be an international opinion On that country but even then it's not a broad international opinion and would not be called international in general.

You fail to realise the basic point that the survey is not internationally voted, therefor the survey is not international. The question having an international choice does not make the survey international.

It is an international opinion because it isn't a national opinion, it's that simple. I didn't say the survey was international, I said the opinion was international when in reference to England.

Quick Reply

Latest