The Student Room Group

Am I a freak?

I was just wondering if I was a freak as I'm 16 and never had a boyfriend or done anything. Everyone ay my school seems to have done a lot and I'm like such a baby compared to them....
I thought it was because I didn't have time to meet someone but now I'm getting really self-conscious like am I too ugly or not good enough for anyone or am I fat or too short? I ask myself these questions frequently and I just don't know what to do? Maybe someone can help?
thanks
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
I was just wondering if I was a freak as I'm 16 and never had a boyfriend or done anything. Everyone ay my school seems to have done a lot and I'm like such a baby compared to them....
I thought it was because I didn't have time to meet someone but now I'm getting really self-conscious like am I too ugly or not good enough for anyone or am I fat or too short? I ask myself these questions frequently and I just don't know what to do? Maybe someone can help? I attached a picture of me to see if it would help...

thanks

No, you're not a freak at all. There is nothing wrong with not having a relationship. If anything, in my opinion, at this time in life, as you're 16, it's not really a great thing to have a serious commitment. Granted, it is good to go out and have a good time now and then to take a break from revision and what not. But being in a commitment can be a lot of hard work.
I am 22. So...
Reply 3
Sixteen! Wow, your life is almost over. You need to be thinking about marriage.
I thought it was because I didn't have time to meet someone but now I'm getting really self-conscious like am I too ugly or not good enough for anyone or am I fat or too short? I ask myself these questions frequently and I just don't know what to do? Maybe someone can help? I attached a picture of me to see if it would help...

thanks

Hell no, you are faaaar from a freak, I'm in the same boat as you and to be honest I'd rather be single for now. Our time will come don't worry, I've been told relationships are so stressful for exam time anyway! :smile:

thanks

You're very young and most people kinda exaggerate about what they've done anyway, so no need to worry :h:

I didn't have a relationship until I was 18, and I'm so glad I waited for it now :blush:
(edited 8 years ago)
People like you do my head in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending