The Student Room Group

RAF Eyesight Test?

Scroll to see replies

Was that because you had history to declare or is that just normal procedure? I thought it's all done and dusted on the day without having to wait for by gp to send or sign anything. Thanks for the reply by the way
Original post by Nicki16
For my first medical I explained my history & they just give me a form for my gp to fill in, then it gets sent back to capita, my gp was want it up to be honest.

Did you have to go back after you sent them the letter from your GP? They should just ask you to bring it with you in the first place surely. I have mine next week also so just waiting to see what reason they give for me to resit it so they can fleece the RAF out of more money.
Has anyone been in the same boat as me meaning no medical conditions or bad history etc and flew through it without asking for any doctors notes?

Thanks
Reply 23
I had something to declare, if you had nothing you should be signed off on the day.
Hi there, talking about your eyesight, 6/8 vision is applicable for pilot role. Your vision should be 6/12 (20/30 or 20/40). If your vision is in these requirements, you may go ahead and submit your pilot role application. Good luck!!
Original post by Flt Lt A Qureshi
Hi there, talking about your eyesight, 6/8 vision is applicable for pilot role. Your vision should be 6/12 (20/30 or 20/40). If your vision is in these requirements, you may go ahead and submit your pilot role application. Good luck!!

It's not as simple as that. There's colour vision standards, peripheral vision standards... It requires a professional test to be done by a qualified optometrist.

Ultimately, Capita and RAF medical officers are the ones who'll make the decision, not random people on the internet.

And especially not ones who bump posts from 4+ years ago.

Quick Reply

Latest