The Student Room Group

Can you resit year 13/ A levels?

I basically feel like i've f**** up my exams... Worked hard for them but i know i haven't done well in the 2/3 i have had so far... Due to panicking & generally findimg them difficult

I'm (to try and feel a bit better :/) thinking worst comes to worst i could re-sit one or two?

Can you re-sit A levels whilst at Uni?
Can you re-sit the whole year 13, with AS grades still counting?
Or can you not re-sit at all? I understand they are changing the way A levels work?

Thanks for any advice...

Posted from TSR Mobile
1. You could but would be difficult to balance and you may struggle to find a centre
2. Yes if your school allows it but not all will especially without Ecs
3. They are but depends on which specs you did if they are still available next year
Wait till you get your results then worry just try to enjoy your summer, besides there's always clearing
Original post by Hollywooddreamer
I basically feel like i've f**** up my exams... Worked hard for them but i know i haven't done well in the 2/3 i have had so far... Due to panicking & generally findimg them difficult

I'm (to try and feel a bit better :/) thinking worst comes to worst i could re-sit one or two?

Can you re-sit A levels whilst at Uni?
Can you re-sit the whole year 13, with AS grades still counting?
Or can you not re-sit at all? I understand they are changing the way A levels work?

Thanks for any advice...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why would you want to resit your A levels if you got into uni? :K:

But i want to know the answers to the other two q's
Original post by mmmmmmmmmmmmm

because a levels are not just to get into uni, their used to differentiate future job applicants too. Plus, if the individual feels he could have done better than why not.
Original post by claireestelle
1. You could but would be difficult to balance and you may struggle to find a centre
2. Yes if your school allows it but not all will especially without Ecs
3. They are but depends on which specs you did if they are still available next year
Wait till you get your results then worry just try to enjoy your summer, besides there's always clearing

Thanks for your help! But what do you mean be ecs? *confusion*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Because i think i have failed this Lit module (tough exam) and i know i will be upset on results day if i have as Lit is what i want to do at uni .. it's the only subject i really like and i just really wanted to get an A in it, for me really... And jobs etc too :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Yes you can resit year 13 as long as you haven't already resat your year 12. I have resat my last year and it has worked out really well for myself but it all depends on your situation.. I resat because I couldn't get onto my degree with my grades, although I was offered a different degree by the uni I didn't take it
1) because you shouldn't just go for something simply to get into uni
2) it was a different degree and I knew with an extra year and a better outlook id have a much better chance getting what I want this year

Don't stress about it, see what happens as long as you put your all into exams youl be fine :smile:
Thanks for your help! But what do you mean be ecs? *confusion*

Posted from TSR Mobile

Extenuating circumstances ie serious illness death in the family something like that as I think schools funding can get funny if someone redoes a year , if they won't definitely get money for you then they might not want to pay for your exams
Because i think i have failed this Lit module (tough exam) and i know i will be upset on results day if i have as Lit is what i want to do at uni .. it's the only subject i really like and i just really wanted to get an A in it, for me really... And jobs etc too :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

Apart from grad schemes not many employers will be bothered if you got a good degree classification/ have the experience needed for the job
Original post by claireestelle
Apart from grad schemes not many employers will be bothered if you got a good degree classification/ have the experience needed for the job

Yeah that may be the case but i just really wanted to do well in this subject... I'll just have to see what happens on results day though, i'm just glad to see there is an option to resit this exam if need be :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
You can resit the exams, however due to funding rules you will have to pay for exams and you may not be allowed to go into lessons if that is what you were interested in doing. It depends on your sixth form.

Quick Reply

Latest