The Student Room Group

How do I forget about results day?

Scroll to see replies

Get off TSR which is full of people discussing the thing you're trying to forget :tongue:
Original post by twelfthnight
Yeah that is fairly similar to me :smile: I am quite worried but mainly because grade boundaries tend to be quite high for this exam... Hopefully we'll be ok!

I'm afraid I may have hijacked this post, but your replies are very reassuring! The grade boundaries are awful, but I'm just hoping my coursework does well in moderation. What topic did you do for HIS4X?

In Question 2, did you just talk about "opposition and revolt" incured from "1517-1529" as the Revolts of Germania and Comuneros? I couldn't think of any other opposition to Charles during this time?

I'm just fretting over my Warwick offer atm, I want to do History at university so I may be a tad obsessive lol
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Elisha Rebekah
I'm afraid I may have hijacked this post, but your replies are very reassuring! The grade boundaries are awful, but I'm just hoping my coursework does well in moderation. What topic did you do for HIS4X?

In Question 2, did you just talk about "opposition and revolt" incured from "1517-1529" as the Revolts of Germania and Comuneros? I couldn't think of any other opposition to Charles during this time?

I'm just fretting over my Warwick offer atm, I want to do History at university so I may be a tad obsessive lol

Haha no it's ok, I hope to study History at uni too! Basically the revolts, but how they stemmed from Charles' stupidity, e.g. he couldn't speak Spanish. I did England from 1603-1714, how about you?
Original post by stableintegral
I'm quite nervous about my results. What can I do to forget about the day for a good while so I can enjoy my holidays? Thanks.

Getting my results aswell on the 20th, but the nerves haven't kicked in yet. To try and get it off your mind, you should keep yourself busy, maybe do some exercise or go on a walk to clear your head? If that doesn't work reading a book will probably take your mind off the stress of exam results.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha no it's ok, I hope to study History at uni too! Basically the revolts, but how they stemmed from Charles' stupidity, e.g. he couldn't speak Spanish. I did England from 1603-1714, how about you?

Oh brilliant! What's your firm choice? Oh thank god, lol, I said for my thesis that if Whig opinion is correct- and it was all Charles who started the revolts- then they're a challenge. I made the point for my counter thesis that if we look to other instigative factors, as Revisionists do, then they're not such a personal attack thus not so much of a challenge. I was just trying to stick historiography in as much as possible!

Wow, so like The English Civil War? We had a new Head of History this year and she chose The Wars of the Roses for us- it was great :smile:
Original post by Elisha Rebekah
Oh brilliant! What's your firm choice? Oh thank god, lol, I said for my thesis that if Whig opinion is correct- and it was all Charles who started the revolts- then they're a challenge. I made the point for my counter thesis that if we look to other instigative factors, as Revisionists do, then they're not such a personal attack thus not so much of a challenge. I was just trying to stick historiography in as much as possible!

Wow, so like The English Civil War? We had a new Head of History this year and she chose The Wars of the Roses for us- it was great :smile:

Yes, basically the Stuarts. That sounds interesting! My firm choice is Oxford :smile: I know it's hard but I would try not to worry about what you wrote now! :tongue:
Yes, basically the Stuarts. That sounds interesting! My firm choice is Oxford :smile: I know it's hard but I would try not to worry about what you wrote now! :tongue:

Wow- best of luck to you! Good advice- I will leave you alone now :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest