The Student Room Group

MArch at Westminster University? Whats it like?

I'm trying to make a uni decision was hoping some students studying/ have studied MArch at Westminster could let me know what the course content is like/ facilities/ general atmosphere
Hi, it's great to hear that you are considering the University of Westminster for your MArch!

The video here provides a great overview of the Architecture Department, with lovely insight from the lecturers and students (including MArch students), and a glimpse of what the facilities are like (I have been there once myself and the facilities were impressive to someone from a non-architecture background! Light and spacious). You can click here also for a student blog about the MArch.

You're really welcome to come and have a look at the facilities if you're not too far away? We run tours every Thursday at 3pm from our Marylebone campus.

Choosing your uni is such an important decision. I would recommend trying to get as much information as you can and doing exactly what you're doing, asking other students.

Do let me know you do have any particular questions and if I don't know the answer I'm sure I can find out from the Architecture School for you.
Leon :smile:
Reply 2
Hi Leon,

Thanks for your reply.

I'd like to find out how many students are on the course and what the student teacher ratio is? also would you be able to tell me if there are any architecture groups where I can speak to some students eg a facebook MArch group.

Original post by University of Westminster
Hi, it's great to hear that you are considering the University of Westminster for your MArch!

The video here provides a great overview of the Architecture Department, with lovely insight from the lecturers and students (including MArch students), and a glimpse of what the facilities are like (I have been there once myself and the facilities were impressive to someone from a non-architecture background! Light and spacious). You can click here also for a student blog about the MArch.

You're really welcome to come and have a look at the facilities if you're not too far away? We run tours every Thursday at 3pm from our Marylebone campus.

Choosing your uni is such an important decision. I would recommend trying to get as much information as you can and doing exactly what you're doing, asking other students.

Do let me know you do have any particular questions and if I don't know the answer I'm sure I can find out from the Architecture School for you.
Hiya,

I have emailed the course leader to see what the student/teacher ratio is, and hopefully they will get back to me soon. I can tell you though that the intake of students is between approx. 80-100 each year, and the numbers for the individual studio groups consist of about 20 students.

I couldn't find a specific Facebook MArch group, but found the next best thing! There is a Architecture and the Built Environment - University of Westminster group (top link).

Have a great day,

Reply 4
Hey,

Thank you! I've had a look on the guardian league tables for student/ teacher ratio but it seems very unreliable! I shall wait for your reply! :smile:

Original post by University of Westminster
Hiya,

I have emailed the course leader to see what the student/teacher ratio is, and hopefully they will get back to me soon. I can tell you though that the intake of students is between approx. 80-100 each year, and the numbers for the individual studio groups consist of about 20 students.

I couldn't find a specific Facebook MArch group, but found the next best thing! There is a Architecture and the Built Environment - University of Westminster group (top link).

Have a great day,

Hiya, sorry for the late reply.

I still have not heard back from the course leader, I have sent another one to try chase it up.

Leon
There is a westminster architecture group on facebook, just type in westminster architecture society. You can speak to people on there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending