The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
im doing AQA they want really specific answers from all the past papers ive seen. lol im guna try and sqeeze in the 2 modules into 2 solid days (7-8 hours revision each day) and do past papers in 1 more day. reckon i can pull off a decent grade?
Reply 21
spikeyguru
im doing AQA they want really specific answers from all the past papers ive seen. lol im guna try and sqeeze in the 2 modules into 2 solid days (7-8 hours revision each day) and do past papers in 1 more day. reckon i can pull off a decent grade?

You should be able to pull off a decent grade in both modules, I did both AS modules in jan and got full UMS marks on both. I can't emphasise enough the importance of past papers. Memorising the mark schemes for a few of the 6 mark questions also helps. The scaling on the AQA papers is also favourable. To get an A in modules 1 and 2 in Jan only required 54 out of 75!

Best of luck!
hihihihi
heh Im actually doing Foundation Biology and Transport because we did HumanHealth&disease in january
..yes we are doing FOUNDATION 2nd ! lol - our teachers are weird

Yeah that is kind of topsy turvy! I did Foundation in January. I hate the stupid tranport module. In fact, i am now hating biology altogether.
Reply 23
Is there anyone in here doin Edexcel biology? :rolleyes:
Reply 24
KOH
Is there anyone in here doin Edexcel biology? :rolleyes:

me
Reply 25
shushimeng
me

What do you think about the exam,

p.s. As or A2?
Reply 26
SiAnY
Yeah that is kind of topsy turvy! I did Foundation in January. I hate the stupid tranport module. In fact, i am now hating biology altogether.

i hate plants!
did you do a Practical Exam or did you have coursework?
we had practiacl exam, which i think i messed up and if i want to retake the practical id have to retake the transport paper too because they're both half modules which make up 1 module.
hihihihi
i hate plants!
did you do a Practical Exam or did you have coursework?
we had practiacl exam, which i think i messed up and if i want to retake the practical id have to retake the transport paper too because they're both half modules which make up 1 module.

I did the coursework, thankfully! I'm probably dropping Biology after AS so i doubt i'll retake (unless i get a D or below, then i'll retake a module or something in January just so i have a good AS grade with my 3 A2s) :smile:
Reply 28
Yeh i'm getting quite nervous, but i think i covered everything in the markscheme. I'm doing Edexcel units 2 and 3. Problem is i only have one past paper so theres not alot of practice i can do :frown:
Reply 29
I hate plants too... I don't find the transport section difficult, it's just so boring. Xylem. Phloem. Cambium. Fun.

SiAnY - what was the coursework on?
Reply 30
Ah talking about coursework, i got a C/D on mine (it isn't known which yet) so i'm not very pleased! So i need to get a good mark on these units! Luckily the coursework is only 15% which isnt too bad and i did well on unit one. I really really cannot do biology coursework well! So i have bad feelings about the A2 coursework :eek:
LS.
I hate plants too... I don't find the transport section difficult, it's just so boring. Xylem. Phloem. Cambium. Fun.

SiAnY - what was the coursework on?

Never heard of Cambium...

I did the coursework on enzymes, i can't remember the specific experiement. It was quite simple but took me a long time to do! And i don't know my mark. I hate my teachers, i haven't been given coursework marks for my Biology or Sociology coursework. :eek: I might have done really badly :redface:
Ramaya
Ah talking about coursework, i got a C/D on mine (it isn't known which yet) so i'm not very pleased! So i need to get a good mark on these units! Luckily the coursework is only 15% which isnt too bad and i did well on unit one. I really really cannot do biology coursework well! So i have bad feelings about the A2 coursework :eek:

I really hate Biology coursework too. At least you know you have to do well in the exam, i could have got a U for all i know!
Reply 33
SiAnY
I really hate Biology coursework too. At least you know you have to do well in the exam, i could have got a U for all i know!

What did you get in january for biology? I so much prefer geography coursework, i'd choose that anyday!
Reply 34
Cambium, located in the meristem, is a layer of cells between the xylem and phloem, which divides to form either xylem (central) of phloem (peripheral).

I still think I would have prefered doing coursewrok, I know I did badly on the pratical exam. Supposedly they don't do c/w at our school because 'It involves too much paperwork!'
Ramaya
What did you get in january for biology? I so much prefer geography coursework, i'd choose that anyday!

I got 77/90 in the Foundation module, which is an A. But not a very high one and i did more revision for that exam than i've ever done for any other single exam in my entire life! Lol. So i'm gonna die next week aren't i!?!?!"?¬!?!?>"L>:colondollar:IKW $UWJIRWACF M . Oops sorry i think Biology is sending me looooooopy.

I actually really like Geography coursework, i got 100% in my GCSE Geog cwk :smile:
Reply 36
SiAnY
I got 77/90 in the Foundation module, which is an A. But not a very high one and i did more revision for that exam than i've ever done for any other single exam in my entire life! Lol. So i'm gonna die next week aren't i!?!?!"?¬!?!?>"L>:colondollar:IKW $UWJIRWACF M . Oops sorry i think Biology is sending me looooooopy.

I actually really like Geography coursework, i got 100% in my GCSE Geog cwk :smile:

Wow thats a good mark! I got 80/100 which was JUST an A. ANd the bad coursework brings me down. I think you'll be fine, as long as you read and make sure you know everything your syllabus states. ALthough i am still terrified, it has to be done, and it can be retaken (as much as i'd hate to!)
Ramaya
make sure you know everything your syllabus states.

Sounds easy, but when you've got as much to learn as i have, with geography on top of that (i know you do geog too, don't you?) then you feel doomed. I shouldn't be on here but i need a break!
Reply 38
SiAnY
Sounds easy, but when you've got as much to learn as i have, with geography on top of that (i know you do geog too, don't you?) then you feel doomed. I shouldn't be on here but i need a break!

Yeh, i wrote 40 pages of notes :eek: over the past 4 days and that covers what i need for 2 hours of exam. And having geography on monday really doesn't help, especially as i havn't revised that yet. Oh i wish the exams were a bit more decently spread out. I have chemistry on Thursday too :frown: I think i shouldn't be on here aswell, but i can't revise non-stop, and i spent a long time in the library this morning almost breaking my hand off finishing biology revision.
Ramaya
Yeh, i wrote 40 pages of notes :eek: over the past 4 days and that covers what i need for 2 hours of exam. And having geography on monday really doesn't help, especially as i havn't revised that yet. Oh i wish the exams were a bit more decently spread out. I have chemistry on Thursday too :frown: I think i shouldn't be on here aswell, but i can't revise non-stop, and i spent a long time in the library this morning almost breaking my hand off finishing biology revision.

OMG you have chemistry too! That is horrible. Horrible. Horrible. Horrible.
Anyway, i've done loaaaadddds of bio notes too but i still have *counts* at least five sections left! Geeez!

Latest

Trending

Trending