The Student Room Group

Is doing an EPQ in year 13 a good idea?

Hi, so I’m currently in year 12 studying math biology and psychology. I used to also be doing geography so I was doing four A-levels at the start of the year. I’m part of Duke of Edinburgh, aim high humanities and Russell group workshops so right now I have a lot on my plate so that’s why I didn’t take EPQ at the start of year 12. However my teachers have said that I can do EPQ in year 13 but I’m not sure because I feel like it may be a lot more work because I know in year 13, you meant by seven hours a week per subject instead of five so I’m not sure if I’ll be able to manage the workload. Any advice?
Reply 1
Original post by Bernadette12365
Hi, so I’m currently in year 12 studying math biology and psychology. I used to also be doing geography so I was doing four A-levels at the start of the year. I’m part of Duke of Edinburgh, aim high humanities and Russell group workshops so right now I have a lot on my plate so that’s why I didn’t take EPQ at the start of year 12. However my teachers have said that I can do EPQ in year 13 but I’m not sure because I feel like it may be a lot more work because I know in year 13, you meant by seven hours a week per subject instead of five so I’m not sure if I’ll be able to manage the workload. Any advice?

You should be able to make it work, as long as you start planning it and the end of year 12, and do a lot of the research over the summer holidays, and finish it early in year 12, ideally by Nov or Dec.

Quick Reply

Latest