The Student Room Group

Transformation discussion thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blackened_sky
If you wanna start running, do Couch to 5k, it'll ease you into it in the beginning - walking/jogging/walking/jogging etc. Then you can move onto 10k/half-marathon/marathon.

If you wanna get all Zyzz-like and ****, stick needles in your butt.

But seriously, lifting: http://www.nobsbb.com/starting-strength-workout-routine-program-results/ Or http://stronglifts.com/5x5/ these are the two beginner routines that I see most support for, though don't lift myself.

If you don't have access to a gym and equipment though, and want to build muscle, try bodyweight routines. Such as: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2009/12/09/beginner-body-weight-workout-burn-fat-build-muscle/

Ok thank you, i'll have a look at that in more detail when i get home (away at the moment on my phone) that sounds like the kind of thing i need, couch to 5k :lol:

I'll look at lifting in the future but im not really interested in doing this to look good, its more my core muscle i want in order to get fitter so i can do more in a day and do it for longer. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a bit more definition but its not a priority for me.

That last one looks good as well except i don't have any fat on me so i don't need to burn fat so to speak just build muscle. But i don't have access to a gym so wouldn't be able to do that

Original post by Motorbiker
This is fairly decent advice tbh.

There's also a faq in the fitness forum that explains how to get started with cardio and lifting.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll have a look at that as well when i get home thanks
didn't realise this was the awkward flirting thread..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Angry cucumber
Discussion thread is now open :smile:

Allo :smile:
Should I post progress updates in this thread or the official thread? Or is the official thread just for start and finish pictures?
Original post by SophieSmall
Allo :smile:
Should I post progress updates in this thread or the official thread? Or is the official thread just for start and finish pictures?

Think official thread is just for start and finish pictures. Chat in here.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think i'll enter this, when do entries have to be in by
Original post by Bear_Grylls
I think i'll enter this, when do entries have to be in by

Weds 24th June. As per the OP.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Think official thread is just for start and finish pictures. Chat in here.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Okeyyy :smile: going home tomorrow, so will probably do a weight update
Original post by Smilin’ Knight
Ok thank you, i'll have a look at that in more detail when i get home (away at the moment on my phone) that sounds like the kind of thing i need, couch to 5k :lol:

I'll look at lifting in the future but im not really interested in doing this to look good, its more my core muscle i want in order to get fitter so i can do more in a day and do it for longer. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a bit more definition but its not a priority for me.

That last one looks good as well except i don't have any fat on me so i don't need to burn fat so to speak just build muscle. But i don't have access to a gym so wouldn't be able to do that

Aye C25k is really good, I'm confident pretty much anyone would be able to complete it, even if it meant for some they had to repeat weeks.

Yeah that's good man, running will help build your core, as will the bodyweight stuff. The bodyweight stuff does build muscle, it's the gym/lifting alternative. A bit slower than if you did lift, but you'd start seeing serious results within a few months.
Original post by Odd socks
didn't realise this was the awkward flirting thread..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Who's flirting?? :erm:
My aim. Get lean for first time in my life.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Your chest, legs and arms are gonna look so sick leaner.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Your chest, legs and arms are gonna look so sick leaner.

That's the plan.

Then win voucher then go spend it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't quite get this.

If I'm in pretty good shape should I enter or should I leave it?

If yes, flexing or no flexing in pictures.
Original post by Maid Marian
Who's flirting?? :erm:

:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iAmanze
I don't quite get this.

If I'm in pretty good shape should I enter or should I leave it?

If yes, flexing or no flexing in pictures.

Anyone can enter whether you're out of shape or not.
Reply 194
I want to be in on this, but don't think I can get much leaner in 6 weeks. :/

Can I do who can dream bulk the best in 6 weeks?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by AMG44
I want to be in on this, but don't think I can get much leaner in 6 weeks. :/

Can I do who can dream bulk the best in 6 weeks?

12kg weight gain in 6 weeks.

Make it happen

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ETbuymilkandeggs
I really wanted to set up a gym/diet routine throughout summer, but I forgot to account for Ramadan. For the next month I'll be fasting from 2AM-9:30PM and I won't be able to do the same amount of exercise I initially wanted to. It'll also make a healthy diet much more difficult to accomplish. Anyone have any suggestions? Perhaps I should stick to regular intervals of muscle-based exercise?

Use Ramadhan as a cutting period, I am. At night, only eat protein and healthy fats, only a bit of carbohydrates. This is so your body can get used to eating only those foods for your muscle-building period after Ramadhan. Proteins build muscles and healthy fats encourage fat loss and makes your skin and body look good and tight.
Reply 197
Original post by Angry cucumber
12kg weight gain in 6 weeks.

Make it happen

Posted from TSR Mobile

it actually could haha, say i'm going to lean bulk every year and just end up fat ha.
I'm entering! Will post my pics tomorrow :smile:
i really want to enter but not sure about posting starting pics.

i have to be fit for a dance show on the 30th july, what are the best ab and cardio exercises to do without going to the gym? Im really insecure about my stomach and thighs, considering everyone in my class is so much thinner than me.

HELP :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest