The Student Room Group

Transformation discussion thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blackened_sky
Hahahaha oh man. I nearly pulled mine down the other day because my mum had decided to wrap the hoover cable around the back of it, so it was slightly detached from the wall. Nice one mother!

Good times, good times :tongue:
Comp gathers, and now my cut begins. It shall not end until my weigh-in. I shall take no dessert, hold no snacks, steal food from no children. I shall wear no napkins and win no eating contests. I shall live and starve at my post. I am the mouth in the darkness. I am the eater on the walls. I am the hand that guards the realm of food. I pledge my life and hunger to the Weight's Watch, for this meal and all the meals to come
(edited 8 years ago)
I think diet's going to let me down. I have ulcerative colitis and I've been advised to avoid eating most fruits and raw vegetables since it can cause complications, and as a result, I don't have the healthiest diet. I did have a rather nice stir fry tonight though and I've started to have soup only for lunch. :smile:
Original post by ryanroks1
I think diet's going to let me down. I have ulcerative colitis and I've been advised to avoid eating most fruits and raw vegetables since it can cause complications, and as a result, I don't have the healthiest diet. I did have a rather nice stir fry tonight though and I've started to have soup only for lunch. :smile:

Cooked vegetables are okay then? Just stock up on frozen veg.
Reply 384
I muchly recommend mixed frozen veg. I have a big bowl everyday, it's not the most exciting snack but by far the easiest way to get a few extra portions of veg in. Probably the cheapest to if you go to Iceland or similar.
Working on my headstand tonight. Can't quite get the balance right, it's been too long!
Original post by ryanroks1

Cooked veg and I know people with this condition, just avoid acidic foods and cook your veggies.
Your diet isn't really as important if you count the calories anyway. Assuming you're not eating KFC every day.
Today:

squats: 105kg 5x5
Bench: 52.5Kg 5x5
Cross bench crunch: 8x10

Next: Sunday Hill sprints.
Original post by jenhasdreams
So erm, I sort of broke my toe on a kettlebell. No exercise for me...

Which one? Given the amount of toes that I've broken I can sympathise!
Original post by Slowbro93
Which one? Given the amount of toes that I've broken I can sympathise!

Just my little one. It's just purple and swollen and hurty, it might just be a sprain, but don't want to run on it yet. I'm glad it's summer so can just wear flip flops :smile:
Original post by jenhasdreams
Just my little one. It's just purple and swollen and hurty, it might just be a sprain, but don't want to run on it yet. I'm glad it's summer so can just wear flip flops :smile:

Follow the RICE method:

Rest
Ice
Compression
Evelation (may not be so applicable here :tongue:)

Once it's cooled down, tie the toes together. they should heal in about 2/3 weeks :smile:
My rib is healing about now from where I broke it about six eight weeks ago or so.

Still hurts if I jab it but it stopped hurting to breath after a week or two.
Reply 392
Folk at my tae kwon do club break their toes on a semi-regular basis- my instructor's are at all sorts of funny angles. You can pretty much just leave them and it'll be fine, they are only little bones. I would even run on it after a few days, taking pain killers if need be, though that's probably technically bad advice.

It's my 1st 4400kcal day today, plan was to have cleared 2000 by lunch but I ran out of time after 8 slices of toast and 2 chickpea burgers so only at 1800 so far :frown:
Well, wasn't able to find a sports bra in my size in town, no running for me.
Original post by SophieSmall
Well, wasn't able to find a sports bra in my size in town, no running for me.

Stop making small excuses Sophie. How bad you want it?! Run on the road naked

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Proxenus
Stop making small excuses Sophie. How bad you want it?! Run on the road naked

Posted from TSR Mobile

Obviously a joke, but just no. I want to run again (used to be a competitive runner) but it's incredibly painful when you've got a few jiggly pounds strapped to your chest.
Obviously a joke, but just no. I want to run again (used to be a competitive runner) but it's incredibly painful when you've got a few jiggly pounds strapped to your chest.

Last time a ran for fitness purposes was last year alone sea front at 9 pm. Running takes too long and it's so much effort. I did do HIIT but that's painful :frown: so I just play football for cardio

Posted from TSR Mobile
Last time a ran for fitness purposes was last year alone sea front at 9 pm. Running takes too long and it's so much effort. I did do HIIT but that's painful :frown: so I just play football for cardio

Posted from TSR Mobile

I used to use the x trainer or exercise bike at the gym because I didn't need a sports bra for those since there's no impact, plus it didn't hurt my joints (fairly certain I'm developing arthritis early like my mum). But no gym now :frown: too expensive. I'll probably buy my own x trainer when I get my own place in a few years.

Also in August I'll be moving next to a free swimming pool. So will start swimming again
(edited 8 years ago)
I used to use the x trainer or exercise bike at the gym because I didn't need a sports bra for those since there's no impact, plus it didn't hurt my joints (fairly certain I'm developing arthritis early like my mum). But no gym now :frown: too expensive. I'll probably buy my own x trainer when I get my own place in a few years.

Also in August I'll be moving next to a free swimming pool. So will start swimming again

Why free? I haven't been swam in years

Posted from TSR Mobile
Why free? I haven't been swam in years

Posted from TSR Mobile

My uni has an agreement with the local council gyms, we can use it free...but only at certain times

Quick Reply

Latest