The Student Room Group

What do guys mostly do on facebook?

I'm a girl and I mostly read my newsfeed, reply to chats from my friends, and post random pictures and songs if I felt like it. I don't use it that much compared with others. The only time I really come online is just to reply and send messages.

Here's the thing, I've been seeing this guy for about 4 months now and we alternate between text msg and fb chat. Since the beginning, we don't normally talk everyday but more likely every other day, and I'm fine with that.

He's not normally a frequent facebook user, sometimes stays inactive for 6-10 hours sometimes more. But recently he's been coming online every 10-20 mins and stays on for a couple of minutes. He's definitely not talking to me or answering posts or posting anything, so I started wondering what is he doing? 10-20 mins his newsfeed probably couldn't changed that much (I think). So, I started wondering again is he chatting with someone? He's been coming online more ever since last Saturday, which he went to a party with his mates that night. I've seen his message box before and the most recent ones were from his male friends. Do guys really chat with each other on social media? and constantly? or could it be something else? Either he's really bored and just comes online like how people get bored and just open fridges or is he chatting with someone new he met on Saturday?

What are your thoughts?
never used it, it complicates life tbh. plus you probably should have met him as soon as you had any interest in him, instead of subjecting your mind to "Will He, Won't He" games
Lots of guys message eachother, me and my mates have a big group chat on facebook we use.
Reply 3
Original post by shawn_o1
never used it, it complicates life tbh. plus you probably should have met him as soon as you had any interest in him, instead of subjecting your mind to "Will He, Won't He" games

We've met and been going on dates since day one. I didn't meet him on facebook if that's what you were wondering.

He said the same as what you said that facebook complicates life and is a waste of time.
Original post by Anonymous
We've met and been going on dates since day one. I didn't meet him on facebook if that's what you were wondering.

He said the same as what you said that facebook complicates life and is a waste of time.

:yy: I'd rather have just an e-mail and phone number too
Reply 5
Original post by will_jg
Lots of guys message eachother, me and my mates have a big group chat on facebook we use.

Oh? All my life I only though girls like chatting with each other online and guys prefer meeting and hanging out at bars for chats with each other.
Reply 6
Group chats, drunken photos. That's about it.
Get jealous about people with social lifes :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Read newsfeed, see lots of posts from people I hate and greatly annoy me, rage about their inadequacy to my mates, and then add random girls and try to get nudes.
Reply 9
Original post by Anonymous
Oh? All my life I only though girls like chatting with each other online and guys prefer meeting and hanging out at bars for chats with each other.

I don't think it's a gender thing. I think most people rather online chatting as everyone has a high level of laziness these days.

Of course is nice/ better to speak in person though.
However shy-er people rather online as they have time to think about what to reply which you cannot do in spontaneous conversation without awkward pauses.
Stalk
lol by the looks of it, they share "the Lad Bible" article/pictures, send each other crappy memes, they 'like' pages dedicated to thong pics etc., share gaming videos, all of that kind of cool manly stuff.
jerk off
Politics and news.
Original post by louieee
lol by the looks of it, they share "the Lad Bible" article/pictures, send each other crappy memes, they 'like' pages dedicated to thong pics etc., share gaming videos, all of that kind of cool manly stuff.

I can see your point there
Facebook mobile isn't always accurate. If someone is using an app that's linked to FB on their phone (e.g a game) or is on a site that accesses their profile it'll say they're online when they aren't

Going through someones messages never ends well. Don't do it.
I use to kill time most of the time. E.g. Waiting for a bus, I'll scroll through the News Feed and see what people are complaining about/doing.
Also my main chatting platform.
Sometimes if someone I haven't see for a while pops up on the News Feed I stalk them a bit, make sure they aren't having a better life than me.
Keep myself updated on what the hot girls from my school and college are doing now (that little post that I can trigger a conversation from)
My friends tend to get into heated banterbates over cars and I stick my 2p in sometimes.
Ladbible
Meme's relievant to my lifestyle.
Help and Advice on Car and Gym Forums (and lots of bants)

And probably some other stuff, but mainly on the Facebook for the bants. NEVER found it to complicated my life or anything stupid like that.
Look at people's pictures

Posted from TSR Mobile
There are about 3 groups of friend i stalk on facebook.
I see what they get up holidays they go to and inside jokes they share.

I almost feel i am part of that circle of friends

One group is working class boys quite funny
Another is a group of girls one girl from this group is on a gap year in spain

The other group are my old friends from uni they dont stay in touch with me but they stay in touch with each other i love to read about how they plan to meet up and photos they take

Life is fun

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending