The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Try the button at the top of the page labelled 'search'.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
good idea :smile: thankyooo
Reply 3
the best thread i have found is the durham applicants 07 thread.

is there not a thread solely dedicated to the stockton campus?
Reply 4
Make one!
Reply 5
Try Queens campus
Reply 6
nope. brings up basically the same threads.

so, from now, could this thread be dedicated to info about the Stockton/Queens campus?

what is the accomodation here like? what are the sizes of the rooms?
Reply 7
Rooms are quite modern built after 2001 with a sterling view of the River Tees. Many parking spaces and some lawn.
Reply 8
are 1st yrs alowed to use the parking spaces?.

do you have any pics of the best rooms at stockton (snob, i know :P)
Reply 10
thanx. i have one more simple question.

i am applying for business, and i believe the business departments are at Stockton, so does that mean i have to be at stockton campus? or could i go to one of the 'better' Durham accomodation?
Apache
thanx. i have one more simple question.

i am applying for business, and i believe the business departments are at Stockton, so does that mean i have to be at stockton campus? or could i go to one of the 'better' Durham accomodation?

no you have to be in a stockton college (Stephenson or Snow)

though some (and i mean very few) choose to live in durham after the first year, but it really isn't practical..as its 30mins in the car, and 40mins by bus...not really convenient for getting to lectures.
Reply 12
kool. thanx :smile:

i doubt durham will be my first choice though. as the course if only business, and iw ant marketing management (huddersfield) lol.

thanx for the help :smile:
Apache
kool. thanx :smile:

i doubt durham will be my first choice though. as the course if only business, and iw ant marketing management (huddersfield) lol.

thanx for the help :smile:

without wanting to push the uni im at...id choose wisely. If you can get into do Business at Durham, its a lot higher respected than Marketing Management and Huddersfield are. So would give you better job prospects in the future.

also the course has management and marketing modules, so you'd cover a lot of the same material anyway.
Reply 14
Answers to comments.

You can use parking spaces.

The Queen's Campus accommodation is newer and larger and I know no one who has to share a room unlike in the city of Durham

Durham was voted 18th best Business School in Europe by FT in 2006 and 3rd out of all the UK business schools that have an undergraduate department. Huddersfield is not really a good university; in fact most people haven't heard of it unless they're from the area.
Reply 15
Stockton is meant to be very cheap as well! This is why I am very happy to get an offer as I'm not really on spending too much money whilst at Uni. Accomodation is dirt cheap also!
DrEvil
Stockton is meant to be very cheap as well! This is why I am very happy to get an offer as I'm not really on spending too much money whilst at Uni. Accomodation is dirt cheap also!

it is, you can get houses for £35 a week (3 bed terrace houses, only water bills included) or 4 beds with bills included for just under £50. That is a lot cheaper than other unis and Durham itself.
Reply 17
Seriously? I hope the economy in Stockton is still **** when I go there so I can get cheap accomodation. In regards to nightlife, Newcastle isn't far away... Yes!
DrEvil
Seriously? I hope the economy in Stockton is still **** when I go there so I can get cheap accomodation. In regards to nightlife, Newcastle isn't far away... Yes!

you cant feasibly go out in Newcastle from the stockton campus

the last train back is 10 at the latest

and its further away than you think, its a good 45min drive. So unless you've got a friends to stay at your screwed.

most of the nightlife here happens in middlesbrough, which is bout 10mins by car, or 5mins on the train.
Middlesbrough rocks my socks. Bit tipsy whilst writing this. Then again, have had many a good night out in Stockton at Che, Moby etc...very underrated, with excessively cheap pizza!

Latest