The Student Room Group

Why hate a shy person if you haven't even talked to them before?

Why do some people feel the need to hate on someone who is shy even if they haven't even made an effort to even talk to that person?
Because shy people make other people around them nervous.
They don't understand that not everyone is like them, and on the whole I find that they aren't nice people anyway.
people are afraid of what's different
Reply 4
when people try to talk to shy people the shy person will seem like they don't want to talk to them or that they are just anti social but in reality the shy person is just...shy
Original post by K.C
when people try to talk to shy people the shy person will seem like they don't want to talk to them or that they are just anti social but in reality the shy person is just...shy

Well said, K.C
Original post by K.C

+ shy people like to isolate themself that makes em look they thier life is inorder.... little does the other person know that shy people are just... awkward

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because they are usually pre-judgmental imbeciles :facepalm: when they should actually talk to & get to know them before thinking that way. Some shy people are only initially shy but if you can make them feel comfortable & everything then they will open up & can actually be very interesting & end up having great personality! :smile:
Original post by Multitalented me
Because they are usually pre-judgmental imbeciles :facepalm: When they should actually talk to & get to know them before thinking that way. Some shy people are only initially shy but if you can make them feel comfortable & everything then they will open up & can actually be very interesting & end up having great personality! :smile:

Really, really wish I could rep this!
Because people are ****ing ***** who do not understand and are judgemental
Theres a difference between shy and plain rudeness.
I have cousin who i've never really talked to bc she's too "shy" to talk to me... Its been 9 years since i met her
I have no problem with shy people, i'm really shy myself, people often ask me why i don't engage in social situations but noones found me annoying
Original post by william walker
Because shy people make other people around them nervous.

Do you have an idea why people are nervous around shy people
Original post by misspsimmons
Do you have an idea why people are nervous around shy people

It is like an knock on effect. A shy nervous person is stand their not talking and other be try to talk to them and get nervous.
Everyone gets shy and everyone is weird. Why don't they see that? Someone has a natural reserved personality(not shy) and they get judged its pathetic. A shy person can hate on a quiet person because they want to fit in. People are weird.
Original post by william walker
It is like an knock on effect. A shy nervous person is stand their not talking and other be try to talk to them and get nervous.

Ok thax
Who hates shy people? I've known some lovely shy people. It can be a pain if it's a social occasion and they're not forthcoming but... hate is a strong word.
Original post by AsandaLFC
+ shy people like to isolate themself that makes em look they thier life is inorder.... little does the other person know that shy people are just... awkward

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, they're not awkward.
group mentality, they want someone to pick on.

Sod them! it's their own weak insecurities.

Quick Reply

Latest