The Student Room Group

GDL Distinction: how to

Hi everyone!

I'm taking contract, tort and con & ad this year and I was just procrastinating from revision by wondering if anyone who got a Distinction in their GDL, would be willing to share some tips.

Which modules do you think it's easiest to get this in?
Did you get Distinctions in every paper?
Did you notice some papers got higher marks than others overall?
Did you put a lot of extra reading and extra 'authorities' (be it cases or academics) into your revision in order to get that Distinction (and, if so, were there some subjects you thought lent themselves more to this than others?) or did you literally just learn the notes you were given via lectures/any handouts/notes provided by your GDL provider?

Thanks to anyone who contributes in any way. :smile:
What are you doing on here!!? procrastination won't get you a distinction ha ha!

Seriously, I can't help you - I didn't get one. I only know one person who did and they were really clever.

What is 'con and ad'??

Results on the GDL do seem to vary from subject to subject and it is likely yours will as well - one person's pet subject is another's hate subject - obv if you enjoy a subject you are more likely to do well.

Opinions vary on the 'just learn your notes' thing - what I can say helped me was doing the mocks - just keep going over old questions and past papers in exam-type conditions - try not to use the exams as consolidation - it does help if you understand it to begin with - which is difficult to do with the GDL as it is so pressurised.

I thought I could get a distinction on it if I worked hard - but I couldn't! Am happy with the commendation though - loads of people just pass it

Original post by Caprichosa
Hi everyone!

I'm taking contract, tort and con & ad this year and I was just procrastinating from revision by wondering if anyone who got a Distinction in their GDL, would be willing to share some tips.

Which modules do you think it's easiest to get this in?
Did you get Distinctions in every paper?
Did you notice some papers got higher marks than others overall?
Did you put a lot of extra reading and extra 'authorities' (be it cases or academics) into your revision in order to get that Distinction (and, if so, were there some subjects you thought lent themselves more to this than others?) or did you literally just learn the notes you were given via lectures/any handouts/notes provided by your GDL provider?

Thanks to anyone who contributes in any way. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending