The Student Room Group

Slowbro's attempt for a summer bucket list!

So sadly, working full time has meant that I'm going to find this a bit of a struggle but with me moving off to university in the next few weeks for grad school I thought why not? :ahee:

So my list will consist of:

- Going to Wales for the first time to see my new field site
- Learn two languages, python and possibly German
- Learn to cook a wider range of food and document this
- Do more baking :ahee:
- Be more adventurous in jitsu, I'm learning how to do a handstand and do more crazy things which hopefully I can get some on video
- Lose some weight and get healthier, I know I'm doing the body blast but thought I could stick it here too
- I'm doing Edinburgh Fringe for the first time! Going to explore more bits of one of my favourite cities :yep:
- Do a random weekend away somewhere, thinking of doing Exeter possibly if I can afford it :h:
- Spend more time with friends - I've really neglected this sadly this year :frown:
- I would say learn how to swim however I don't know if that will happen :tongue:
- Grow a plant and make sure that it lives (failed plant bio 3 times :colondollar:)!
- Become more flexible

Let's see if I can tick any of these off :colone:
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
You seem to have a very busy schedule here, and you seem to think you can just 'learn' German in that time? Might want to redefine your goals there in regards to that :P Like even if you did an hour a day for 3 months you would still be very much a beginner
Original post by tyroncs
You seem to have a very busy schedule here, and you seem to think you can just 'learn' German in that time? Might want to redefine your goals there in regards to that :P Like even if you did an hour a day for 3 months you would still be very much a beginner

It's good to challenge yourself. You can reach intermediate or conversational fluency if you do it right and really try. So good luck OP!
Reply 3
Original post by tyroncs

True, but it would be better then what I know now :tongue: I've touched it here and there due to some stuff I've done with opera but I like a challenge :h:
Off to Wales next week so will do an update then :smile: also on a more random note, just back from Ikea :ahee:
Original post by tyroncs

Considering there are people that do languages for A-Levels and GCSE's who do an hour a day over about 4 days or less, I'd say after 3 months time you'd no longer be a beginner. It's surprising how fast you can pick up a language with constant practice
It probably depends on where you live, but you can get to Exeter fairly cheap if you go by Megabus!! I went in June to visit my girlfriend and go to an open day and paid £30 for both ways (from Birmingham)! It depends on your budget but if you were to go by train it would be at least £60 for both ways, if not more. Though it does take longer than the train, sadly.Good luck!
Reply 6
Original post by pizzad0gs
It probably depends on where you live, but you can get to Exeter fairly cheap if you go by Megabus!! I went in June to visit my girlfriend and go to an open day and paid £30 for both ways (from Birmingham)! It depends on your budget but if you were to go by train it would be at least £60 for both ways, if not more. Though it does take longer than the train, sadly.Good luck!

Ooh, will check this out!

Have a blog update from my trip to Wales and other bits so will post once I get home :h:
Grow a cactus, never fails!
Reply 8
Original post by Captain Jack

You say that but mine died when I tried last time :tongue:

I killed a cactus once :colonhash: . Apparently there's such a thing as TOO much water... :emo:
Original post by Slowbro93
So sadly, working full time has meant that I'm going to find this a bit of a struggle but with me moving off to university in the next few weeks for grad school I thought why not? :ahee:

So my list will consist of:

- Going to Wales for the first time to see my new field site
- Learn two languages, python and possibly German
- Learn to cook a wider range of food and document this
- Do more baking :ahee:
- Be more adventurous in jitsu, I'm learning how to do a handstand and do more crazy things which hopefully I can get some on video
- Lose some weight and get healthier, I know I'm doing the body blast but thought I could stick it here too
- I'm doing Edinburgh Fringe for the first time! Going to explore more bits of one of my favourite cities :yep:
- Do a random weekend away somewhere, thinking of doing Exeter possibly if I can afford it :h:
- Spend more time with friends - I've really neglected this sadly this year :frown:
- I would say learn how to swim however I don't know if that will happen :tongue:
- Grow a plant and make sure that it lives (failed plant bio 3 times :colondollar:)!
- Become more flexible

Let's see if I can tick any of these off :colone:

You should have came to the beach with Tim and I yesterday I managed to scratch one off my to-do list. I have pics and everything :tongue:
Reply 11
Original post by lyrical_lie
You should have came to the beach with Tim and I yesterday I managed to scratch one off my to-do list. I have pics and everything :tongue:

I would have loved to but had to dash :frown: Was last teaching session of the year :frown:

Hows' your list going?
I would have loved to but had to dash :frown: Was last teaching session of the year :frown:

Hows' your list going?

It's getting there, still have a lot to do: have a look. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3435217
You say that but mine died when I tried last time :tongue:

Original post by Nirgilis
I killed a cactus once :colonhash: . Apparently there's such a thing as TOO much water... :emo:

You must both try again. One cannot go through life without keeping a cactus alive.
Reply 14
You must both try again. One cannot go through life without keeping a cactus alive.

Teach me the ways oh wise one :ahee:

I'm now awaiting Jack to use his horticultural expertise to write you one hell of a long detailed action plan for your cactus :tongue:

In a sunny windowsill, don't over water it :biggrin:
Reply 17
In a sunny windowsill, don't over water it :biggrin:

Original post by Nirgilis

Nirgilis, I think we need to follow this :tongue:
Original post by mobbsy91
I'm now awaiting Jack to use his horticultural expertise to write you one hell of a long detailed action plan for your cactus :tongue:

Haha I could - but cacti are super easy to look after so you're in luck, you avoided an essay :wink:
Haha I could - but cacti are super easy to look after so you're in luck, you avoided an essay :wink:

I'm actually disappointed :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest