The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nah it'll probably be the same sort of thing. What was the open day like? I haven't had the chance to go on one yet and I'm dying to know what Astons like!
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Reply 2
I've done both the normal open day (last summer) and the UCAS one for people with offers (last December). I took my mum with me as she hadn't seen Aston before and was really pleased to see it. In terms of content we did the same tour and saw the same accommodation (this time there were actually students living there which has changed some of my opinions on the rooms :p:). The business talks were different from the general open day because they were specific to the course that I want to do, there was much more detail and information about the course. There was also time to ask current students, lecturers etc. questions without feeling pressured because there wasn't a huge queue behind us.

I felt that it was worth it, I also wanted to make sure that it really did feel right being there, and it did! Where would you have to travel from? We travelled up from Devon. What course have you applied for? I only have experience of the Business School and it might be different depending on the department.
Reply 3
i wasnt able to attend the open day in December, and Aston still havnt contacted me about future open days :s-smilie:, anyone know the dates of the other open days, they didnt reply to my email :P
Reply 4
When contacting the university, call them as its more difficult for them to avoid you when your on the line!
Reply 5
Thanks for your replies. The open day is on the 14th Feb.
I'm only travelling up from London, but it would mean my Dad having to take the day off work and rearranging stuff, so I wasn't sure if it was worth it.
Last time the talk on the subject was very in depth- my parents got bored by it coz it was in too much detail for them lol. I've applied for psychology with a SW year, and the person went through the modules and stuff last time.
hmmmm, still wondering... lol. I'll talk about it to my parents later, thanks for the replies :smile: xx
Reply 6
sunday
Nah it'll probably be the same sort of thing. What was the open day like? I haven't had the chance to go on one yet and I'm dying to know what Astons like!

It was great! I loved it. That uni has been my number one rank for ages.
I was really impressed with Aston when I went to see it. I loved the Uni, the people, the feel of the place and Birmingham in general. The important thing is that I can really see myself living and studying there.
Reply 8
I've phoned the pharmacy department and they're going to let me know when they have the next open day. I really want to see it, I'm torn between Aston and Bath but I'm hoping that I love Aston because then I can put it as my firm :biggrin:
Reply 9
sunday
I've phoned the pharmacy department and they're going to let me know when they have the next open day. I really want to see it, I'm torn between Aston and Bath but I'm hoping that I love Aston because then I can put it as my firm :biggrin:

I was too, when I went to visit Bath I was really worried that I'd like it more than Aston because Aston had always been my first choice. I had a touch decision but Bath made the decision for me as they rejected me!
Reply 10
Joffy
I was too, when I went to visit Bath I was really worried that I'd like it more than Aston because Aston had always been my first choice. I had a touch decision but Bath made the decision for me as they rejected me!

It is quite a tough decision! I didn't think I'd get offers from either of them but now they've offered me exactly the same. I really liked Bath on my interview, so if I hate Aston when I see it I will be happy with Bath. But I'm hoping I like Aston more, because I've got a feeling Bath might be a bit quiet for nightlife etc... :p:
General Mullet
I was really impressed with Aston when I went to see it. I loved the Uni, the people, the feel of the place and Birmingham in general. The important thing is that I can really see myself living and studying there.

You've just written exactly what I was thinking :biggrin:
Reply 12
hannah_dru
You've just written exactly what I was thinking :biggrin:

Ditto :smile:

I've heard that Aston applications are up this year, might be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised
Joffy
Ditto :smile:

I've heard that Aston applications are up this year, might be wrong but I wouldn't be surprised

Eep. I hope I get an offer then.
I went to the Business School Open day a few weeks back, the university reminded me of high school, looked very similar.
Reply 15
Did you attend high school in the (alleged) biggest brick building in Europe? WINNER! :wink:
Reply 17
yayy i have an open day at aston on 14th march for pharmacy!!...i think aston will be my firm, however i really liked manchester when i went 4 the interview! decisions decisions!
Reply 18
Aw grr they still haven't told me when I can come for an open day for pharmacy!
sunday have you already had your offer? If you have email/ring aston, and tell them to send you a letter regarding alternative dates for open days.

Thats what i did anyway :P, and went to an open day a couple of weeks back

Latest