The Student Room Group

Student life

i have currently received offers from manchester, birmingham and bristol but i’ve recently been leaning towards nottingham. unfortunately, i didn’t apply to nottingham on my ucas but i might try call them up on results day to see if they have any space for my course. one of two questions - if i don’t apply on ucas but i am eligible for a contextual can i still get into the course with a contextual offer?? does that even make sense? also, what’s the social life like and diversity in nottingham? is the city and uon campus nice?
Why wait for results day? Ask them now if the course is available in UCAS Extra.
Original post by Anonymous #1
i have currently received offers from manchester, birmingham and bristol but i’ve recently been leaning towards nottingham. unfortunately, i didn’t apply to nottingham on my ucas but i might try call them up on results day to see if they have any space for my course. one of two questions - if i don’t apply on ucas but i am eligible for a contextual can i still get into the course with a contextual offer?? does that even make sense? also, what’s the social life like and diversity in nottingham? is the city and uon campus nice?

Hi there,

The other reply is right. If you want to apply for Nottingham then you can apply now through UCAS Extra. You'll need to see if the course you want is available by filtering to 'Show Courses with Availability' on the UCAS website or you can contact the uni directly. You can then apply for the new course.

If you didn't use all 5 options in your original application, you can instead log on to your UCAS application and add an additional choice.

Hope this helps.
Emily
Student Rep at BCU
Reply 3
Original post by PQ
Why wait for results day? Ask them now if the course is available in UCAS Extra.

i think it’s risky especially if i’ve already received three offers from top universities
Original post by Anonymous
i think it’s risky especially if i’ve already received three offers from top universities

It’s risky in clearing too (with lower chances of success and very limited time to sort accommodation).

Hanging on to an offer for a university you don’t want to go to isn’t very sensible.

Have you spoken to them about the possibility of an offer through Extra?
Original post by Anonymous #1

Hi there,

Congratulations on your offers. I'd recommend trying to visit the campus on an open day if you can to get more of an insight. You might be able to email their admissions team to find out more about how that might work.

All the best,
Jaz - Cardiff student rep
Reply 6
hi!
their next open day is after exam season, would it be worth going?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending