The Student Room Group

Graduate funding on a 5 year course

Scroll to see replies

Original post by compinvbanker
What if you didn't do your undergraduate degree in UK and therefore have no loans from your first degree?

As ForestCat said, you're not funded for a second degree even if you didn't take out any loans from SFE for the first one, either in the UK or outside it. This is because the point of SFE funding is to enable people to get a higher education/university qualification, so if you already have one you are not eligible.
Original post by Ben4757
Just called Student finance and thought I'd update for anyone searching for the same answers.

For 2016 entry for a 5 year UG course as a graduate in years 1-4 you are eligible for:

Outside London:
up to £8,000 means tested maintenance loan

In London:
Up to £10,000 means tested maintenance loan

Non-means tested amounts have not yet been released.

Hope this helps someone!

How about for year 5?
Reply 22
Original post by compinvbanker
How about for year 5?

NHS bursaries.
Original post by Ben4757
Just called Student finance and thought I'd update for anyone searching for the same answers.

For 2016 entry for a 5 year UG course as a graduate in years 1-4 you are eligible for:

Outside London:
up to £8,000 means tested maintenance loan

In London:
Up to £10,000 means tested maintenance loan

Non-means tested amounts have not yet been released.

Hope this helps someone!

Yes, and I'm fairly certain I read somewhere that the non-means tested amounts would stay at 65% non-means and 35% means ,... i.e. £5,200 non means tested maintenance loan outside of london, and £6,500 non means in london.

Here's hoping this is the case!

(see Point 12, http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/students/student-loans-tuition-fees-changes)
Original post by Zorg
NHS bursaries.

So year 5 is fully funded, even for grads?
Original post by banker22
So year 5 is fully funded, even for grads?

Yes, the nhs pays the tuition fee. You get a reduced loan but both a non means and a means tested bursary for the nhs.

So you only need (I say only, but it's still a lot) 36k for tuition fees.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending