The Student Room Group

Any ideas as to what jobs I could apply for?

Hey, I'm a 16 year old just in the middle of my summer holidays and I'm looking for a job that I could do after college hours when I do eventually start college in September in order to bring in a little bit of cash so that I can start saving and being a bit more self-reliant. Anyone got any ideas as to what sort of places would offer jobs to people of my age after college hours? Thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
Supermarkets! They pay well and work around you and your college hours instead of you having to work around them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Supermarkets are very helpful, but what is it that you will be studying at college or sixth form?
Original post by CharlieK94
Supermarkets are very helpful, but what is it that you will be studying at college or sixth form?

I'll be studying psychology, sociology, English literature and language combined and art. It's a bit of a mish-mash of different things but that's because as a future career I'm not sure what I really want to do yet :smile:
Reply 4
Supermarkets are kinda of annoying for me to apply, especially Tesco, i'm on the same boat but I had a job before, anyways I applied for tesco like a month and a half ago and still havent heard back, it's been ages.

Lidl on the other hand were quick and easy to respond, within 3 days but I didn't get it, Asda if you fail applying once you cant apply for another 6 months
Take away places (like pizza hut) are always filled with 16 year old employees so I assume they're a good place to go.
Ah I see! It would be really useful if you coud get career related part time employment as it will look great on your CV. But if you do not have a career plan set in stone yet, then not to worry because even I did not know what I actually wanted to do until I finished my first year at university!

So I would say try Supermarkets, local shops and anything else you can think of! It is important for young people like yourself to get some work experience on your CV.

Good luck though!:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending