The Student Room Group

Do you swear in front of your parents?

Doesn't necessarily have to be at them. I personally don't but I have friends that do without their parents minding.

Not as if it's a big deal but just wondering ^_^

Posted from Area 51

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Only my dad. My mum tells me off (i'm 24)
Reply 2
Ofc, I love the ****ers
Yeah, like when I'm watching tv and something/someone I really hate comes on.
Reply 4
Oh **** orf.
Reply 5
The 4 people above are bad people. They are all going to hell :frown:

Posted from Area 51
British people, as you know it.
I swear all the time.
I don't but I have done when I've forgotten that they're there :redface:
I'll say anything apart from the c word infront of my parents, although I hate then word anyway
Original post by The_Blade
Doesn't necessarily have to be at them. I personally don't but I have friends that do without their parents minding.

Not as if it's a big deal but just wondering ^_^

Posted from Area 51

Nope, I don't, but when my parents aren't about, I might do. :wink:
Reply 11
Honestly though, my parents and I **** in front of eachother all the time. Say ****, that is.
Reply 12
nah, never
If I did then

Yes but there are limits on the words used.
Never.
Reply 16
Nope, would feel weird!
I don't swear at them as that would end up with me being six foot under! However, they don't care if I swear around them, they gave up when they realised they couldn't stop my sweary ranting whenever certain politicians are mentioned on the news or something bad has happened in the environmental side of the world... My brother the other day went to say "Jeremy C..." when talking about Jeremy Hunt, and stopped halfway through the word, realising he'd said that word in front of my mum. It was so funny, even my mum laughed and she hates that word with a passion!
(edited 8 years ago)
I find it weird how white people swear in front of or at their parents and then their parents casually goes and put the kettle on for them asking them if they want a cuppa 'luv'
Yes. Me, my mum, stepdad, gran, papa and bf all swear in front of each other. I regularly started swearing in front of my mum from about 13. She was fine with me doing it in the house, just as long as I was polite and didn't do it outside. Started swearing in front of my grandparents from about 16+ and again, they were fine with it as long as I showed manners outside lol.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest