The Student Room Group

They embarrassed me

I work full time and work is very busy...towards the end of the day I get very tired.

One of the chores wasn't done, but my parent just blamed me by just shouting constantly at me. I got it done.

I feel very embarrassed because the front door was open when my parent shouted and my neighbours heard everything.

I know I should step up more and I haven't stepped up. But I am also working, I can't just leave the computer screen for 10 mins

My sibling studies, doesn't work and just does nothing all day! except smoke.

I wasn't told by my parent to do the chore. I don't think it's right for anyone to shout or yell.

I can't be in the same room as them, going away for a bit
Do you really need to be told to do a chore? Are you five ? if something needs doing why aren’t you just doing it instead of ignoring it in hopes your parents will do it .

You use the excuse that you’re tired after you finish work , don’t your parents work? Have ever worked ? I’m sure they are just as tired, or have been in the past, as you and yet you seem to think it’s perfectly normal for them to do the chores you can’t be bothered to do .

Maybe they shout because they are frustrated that you’re old enough to work so are more a less an adult but need to be told to do chores. What springs to mind , sorry if you don’t like it, is grow up
(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending