The Student Room Group

Is being shirtless at your home ok?

I want to be shirtless at my home because I am comfortable in it but my parents think that's not right . So how to overcome this shyness? Plus I am fat too but want to remain comfortable at home.
Original post by Vgsh
I want to be shirtless at my home because I am comfortable in it but my parents think that's not right . So how to overcome this shyness? Plus I am fat too but want to remain comfortable at home.

Whether it's appropriate to be shirtless or not depends on the people who live with you.

If you live by yourself, be shirtless all you want. If you live with others, then you are being considerate if you consider their opinions.

Personally, I would try to focus on getting fit before asking about being shirtless. When you're fit, you might have a better chance of getting away with it even though it's still inappropriate if others are not comfortable with it.
Reply 2
Original post by Vgsh

Dont matter if your fat, toned or a greek god, wear a top. If you dont thinks its in any way weird, then feel free to ask your mum and your dad to do the same.

Greg
Original post by Vgsh

I get how u want to be confident and free to do as you please but there are other people in ur house. Just be shirtless in your room? Why do you feel the need to walk around half naked lol. idk how close u are with ur parents but i know i would be uncomfortable if they decide to ditch their tops and roam around freely. Just go to the pool and go swimming, that way you dont have to swear a top and if u want to loose weight, u can. (Not saying you should but its a win win situation)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending