The Student Room Group

Chemical Engineering

Can anyone tell me whether the following universities use interviews in their application process for chemical engineering? Because on some websites I can't find anything mentioning interviews and I'm not sure whether that means it's because they don't do interviews or I just can't find where it's written. Thanks :smile:

Imperial
UCL
Bath
Manchester
Birmingham
Loughborough
Nottingham
Surrey
Queen's, Belfast
Aston
Newcastle
I want to do ChemEng. What A levels did you take?
I'm thinking of; Chem Math F Math and Business
Reply 2
Original post by Adeel Ali

I'm taking A2 physics, chemistry and biology in year 13 and I did A2 maths in year 12. Cool, I wish I did further maths over biology now. Any ideas on where you want to apply to?
I'm doing A2 maths, F maths and Chem next year and want to go to Manchester, bath or Nottingham

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yasmin221b
I'm taking A2 physics, chemistry and biology in year 13 and I did A2 maths in year 12. Cool, I wish I did further maths over biology now. Any ideas on where you want to apply to?

Leeds possibly Manchester/Liverpool not really looked around yet..
Reply 5
Original post by Adeel Ali

Do physics instead of Business. It'll help alot

Manchester do an informal interview, Nottingham I got unconditional so cant say, I believe Bath didnt give me an interview, I'm sure Imperial would do interviews though, Leeds didnt give me an interview either
I know Manchester definitely do, Newcastle definitely doesn't.
Original post by yasmin221b
Can anyone tell me whether the following universities use interviews in their application process for chemical engineering? Because on some websites I can't find anything mentioning interviews and I'm not sure whether that means it's because they don't do interviews or I just can't find where it's written. Thanks :smile:

Imperial
UCL
Bath
Manchester
Birmingham
Loughborough
Nottingham
Surrey
Queen's, Belfast
Aston
Newcastle

Hi Yasmin221b

Yes is the answer for Loughborough University.For 2016 entry applicants will need to satisfy our entry requirements and will also be invited to a Departmental Visit Day between November and March for an interview, presentation and tour of the University, before an offer is made.I hope this helps :smile:
Becky

Quick Reply

Latest