The Student Room Group

Diagnostic Radiography 2016

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone got an interview at UWE on Monday?
Got an interview for Bradford on 4th March :-) Just Leeds to hear back from now. Has anyone else heard from Leeds yet?
Got an offer from BCU yesterday, and a rejection from Leeds.
Not too bothered about Leeds as I was set on going to BCU.

Posted from TSR Mobile
When did you hear from leeds and when did you go.to the interview?
Original post by Lostox
Got an offer from BCU yesterday, and a rejection from Leeds.
Not too bothered about Leeds as I was set on going to BCU.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi all looking for some help,
In sheffield I attended a clinical open day in an imaging department as they couldn't offer shadowing.
Have a few interviews for universities coming up, in the emails they ask to bring along the clinical visit form or sending it to them, with a stamp from the hospital. is this something the hospital would send? they are quite soon and only just had emails
thanks in advance
Original post by Hopeful Student!
In sheffield I attended a clinical open day in an imaging department as they couldn't offer shadowing.
Have a few interviews for universities coming up, in the emails they ask to bring along the clinical visit form or sending it to them, with a stamp from the hospital. is this something the hospital would send? they are quite soon and only just had emails
thanks in advance

Hi! For the university's I applied to they sent me the forms on an email or where available on the universities website.. You just fill them in yourself usually and they ask a few questions on your experience. I didn't get mine filled in by the hospitals so I contacted the universities and they said it's fine for me to fill in the part the hospital was suppose to fill myself.. The stamp isn't usually a problem either
Reply 1186
Can i ask re. the Liverpool interview, is it a panel interview, and are there many situation questions 'what would you do if..'?
Reply 1187
Original post by Yasinp97
Has anyone had a interview at Cumbria University?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep - Read as much as you can about the NHS ... Its quite a long interview so make sure you prepare
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by GLL1998
Hi! For the university's I applied to they sent me the forms on an email or where available on the universities website.. You just fill them in yourself usually and they ask a few questions on your experience. I didn't get mine filled in by the hospitals so I contacted the universities and they said it's fine for me to fill in the part the hospital was suppose to fill myself.. The stamp isn't usually a problem either

Thank you! As some of the questions are would you have this student in your department etc, obviously i can't speak on their behalf lol.
Going to email them now just to explain the situation :smile:
Original post by iioii
Can i ask re. the Liverpool interview, is it a panel interview, and are there many situation questions 'what would you do if..'?

I was interviewed by 2 people one lecturer and one representative of the NHS so a clinical tutor from a local hospital, was really informal more like a conversation than an interview.. Focuses on the 6Cs and experience you've had to prove you have those skills
Reply 1190
That's awesome thank you!
Reply 1191
Is anyone here doing or did an access course? I have a uni offer for 45 distinctions, but I have already messed up and gained 6 at merit when I first started the course. Does anyone have any experience of not meeting the entry requirements for radiography and getting the place anyway, do I need to ring them later in the year, before I accept on ucas, and explain?
Original post by kcoulter
When did you hear from leeds and when did you go.to the interview?

I never had an interview for Leeds, and I heard back yesterday evening.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lostox
I never had an interview for Leeds, and I heard back yesterday evening.

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QU
Sorry to hear that :frown:
Eh Portsmouth sent me an email at the start of January saying they'd offer me another subject, they sent me another email this week saying I won't be getting an offer from them for anything.

Slightly disheartening, maybe I'm not good enough for radiography 😥
Original post by harinimnida
Eh Portsmouth sent me an email at the start of January saying they'd offer me another subject, they sent me another email this week saying I won't be getting an offer from them for anything.

Slightly disheartening, maybe I'm not good enough for radiography 😥

Are you gonna let Portsmouth uni discourage you from your dreams?
Keep your fingers crossed. You will do well at LSBU and hopefully you'll graduate there in 2019

Believe it.
Original post by Hevonly
Got an interview for Bradford on 4th March :-) Just Leeds to hear back from now. Has anyone else heard from Leeds yet?

Yeah i heard from Leeds just before christmas. I had my interview on 5th feb. They said they give 250 poeple interviews. And they go all the way till april. So im sure you will hear from them soon!
Original post by Hopeful Student!
thanks in advance

I sent my clinical visit form to the hospital in which i did my placement and 4 months later have not had it returned yet. Didn't seem to matter though because the unis didn't ask for it in on the day of my interviews and i still received offers without it.
Original post by elhall28
Hi yes I heard from Canterbury and got an interview for the 23rd! Haven't heard from Hertfordshire though

Posted from TSR Mobile

I heard back yesterday for an interview on the 22nd. Good luck with yours!
so has anyone got an offer from leeds already? I had my interview 2 Wednesdays ago and they said they'll only be giving offers after all the interviews are done in April but on here people have said they've received offers already...slightly nervous bc Leeds is my first choice ahh

Quick Reply

Latest