The Student Room Group

Unable to attend graduation, will I still get my certificate?

Hey there

I graduated from my Foundation Degree course and am continuing onto the top up degree course for an honours degree, but I will be unable to attend the graduation ceremony on the date my HE College are holding it. I'm wondering what the procedure is for obtaining my certificate (if there is one) or if I still get it at all. I've tried asking my college but they are being less than helpful and keep bouncing me back and forth between departments (par for the course with my college in all honesty). Wondered if anyone knows anything or has been in the same situation?

Thanks

Alex :smile:
You wont I'm afraid. It'll be burned :frown:
Original post by alex_wheeler
Hey there

I graduated from my Foundation Degree course and am continuing onto the top up degree course for an honours degree, but I will be unable to attend the graduation ceremony on the date my HE College are holding it. I'm wondering what the procedure is for obtaining my certificate (if there is one) or if I still get it at all. I've tried asking my college but they are being less than helpful and keep bouncing me back and forth between departments (par for the course with my college in all honesty). Wondered if anyone knows anything or has been in the same situation?

Thanks

Alex :smile:

I just had my foundation degree graduation last month and we didn't get our certificates on the day and have been told to expect them in the post in the next month of so. Does the accrediting uni (if the college doesn't accredit the fds itself) have any certificate info on their own site?
Original post by claireestelle
I just had my foundation degree graduation last month and we didn't get our certificates on the day and have been told to expect them in the post in the next month of so. Does the accrediting uni (if the college doesn't accredit the fds itself) have any certificate info on their own site?

There isn't much on the uni website concerning this, it all just asks me to log in to the student portal which I don't have access to, but there is a phone number. I'll try to see if anyone there can help me seeing as my college doesn't seem to handle any of this business themselves.
Original post by alex_wheeler
There isn't much on the uni website concerning this, it all just asks me to log in to the student portal which I don't have access to, but there is a phone number. I'll try to see if anyone there can help me seeing as my college doesn't seem to handle any of this business themselves.

Calling the uni is probably your best bet:smile: Plenty of people choose not to go to graduation so i m sure a certificate will appear in the post eventually

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending