The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Difficult to say, earlier years I mostly remember just the good parts.

Year 11 I guess, got into weightlifting, picked up a couple bad habits :colonhash:, met some beautiful girls :biggrin:... Studying was easy back then too.

Original post by Foo.mp3
An adult male picking up a 14/15 year old schoolgirl from school.. :erm:

I know who I wanna be when I grow up now... :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)
Year 7- high school, didn't like the higher years but it was ok
Year 8-can't remember any of it
Year 9- friends went through rough patch, I couldn't help so felt awful (second worst school year)
Year 10 - new friends joined the group and everyone started getting into relationships
Year 11- everyone is still in relationships and I'm the only single one, friends and others also start little bit of bullying
Year 12- brand new school, new friends, teachers don't treat me like dirt because I'm quiet, everyone actually gets along. This year has been the best yet.
Reply 22
Years 11 and 13.

Got to enjoy Year 13 feet in Year 11, and Year 11 (16 year old) feet in Year 13.
How does Year 13 have the most votes?? Everybody is stressed and trying to get into uni, how is that the most fun year? Weeeird people.
Year 7, without a doubt. No worries, no concerns, no stressors concerning exams. I went through a bit of an "attitude" phase which I'm not proud of, but I hung out with certain people that I had a lot of fun with. That was before I became wise to how much of a bad influence they were when it boiled down to it, and I started to become more mature and independent.
6th year was my best school year. It was my last and I'd give anything to go back because of how amazing it was :frown:

I'm not sure what year that would be in terms of English schools :P
Year 13, went by so quickly I didn't even realise
Reply 27
Original post by missaxo
My high school was really quite small (90 of us in a year) so we were so close with eachother in year 11 , it was really sweet (after we got over the childish bitching and fights in year 9/10 we all ended up being really close)

Sounds like my year

How is year 9 the highest lol?

Year 11 by far the best, just chilled out for most of it, completed most my coursework in year 10.
Original post by Foo.mp3
An adult male picking up a 14/15 year old schoolgirl from school.. :erm:

Why? We were best friends...
Reply 29
Has to be year 9! Everyone used to mess around in class without any care in the world. By year 9 i had a secure group of friends. Also by year 9 i guess you could say everyone was more mature you could say so like theres were parties etc.. and we could do all of that without worrying about exams (Y)
Years 8-10.

Those were the days...:frown:
Definitely year 10 for me. Then year 11 and 12.

I suppose it's because from Year 10 onwards everyone became mature, more sociable and less b*tchy. This was great since you were given the chance to become friends with the people who you usually wouldn't talk to. Basically the whole year group came together as one, was lovely :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by yabbayabba
How does Year 13 have the most votes?? Everybody is stressed and trying to get into uni, how is that the most fun year? Weeeird people.

Because:
a) we're studying (for the most part) what we want to study and this is where it starts getting far more interesting
b) loads of free periods with friends
c) once your uni application is gone, it's not actually that stressful unless/until you get interviews

So despite the work being hard and there being lots of it, it was a pretty good year.
Original post by leahdw
Because:
a) we're studying (for the most part) what we want to study and this is where it starts getting far more interesting
b) loads of free periods with friends
c) once your uni application is gone, it's not actually that stressful unless/until you get interviews

So despite the work being hard and there being lots of it, it was a pretty good year.

Is trying to achieve certain grades for your uni offer not stressful to you? Or were your offers really low and easy?

In Year 12 you get loads of free periods too, but without the stress of UCAS and studying really hard to try and meet an offer - this would be a better year to choose surely.
Reply 34
Is trying to achieve certain grades for your uni offer not stressful to you? Or were your offers really low and easy?

In Year 12 you get loads of free periods too, but without the stress of UCAS and studying really hard to try and meet an offer - this would be a better year to choose surely.

Year 12 I actually only got one single free period (because we had extra lessons with the language assistants (I took 2 languages), and I had instrumental lessons for Music which basically took up all of my frees)

I would definitely say that working to achieve the offers was hard, but it wasn't really stressful. In fact I found it more of a motivation than a stress (like "If I revise this now I'll stand a better chance of meeting my offer")

Plus, particularly in French and, to a slightly lesser extent, Music, the content was far more interesting in year 13, so I actually enjoyed learning it more. And for various reasons I didn't even need to go to Maths after about Christmas. So far more frees in year 13!
Original post by leahdw
Year 12 I actually only got one single free period (because we had extra lessons with the language assistants (I took 2 languages), and I had instrumental lessons for Music which basically took up all of my frees)

I would definitely say that working to achieve the offers was hard, but it wasn't really stressful. In fact I found it more of a motivation than a stress (like "If I revise this now I'll stand a better chance of meeting my offer")

Plus, particularly in French and, to a slightly lesser extent, Music, the content was far more interesting in year 13, so I actually enjoyed learning it more. And for various reasons I didn't even need to go to Maths after about Christmas. So far more frees in year 13!

Your particular case is a weird one then. Most people have more frees in year 13 as they drop a subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Year 11 was great because i did some of my GCSE's by that point so there wasn't that much work left to do for me that year when i think about it. We barely did much in English/IT/RE/Electronics and mostly just chatted and had fun. I already finished Maths by year 10. Science was one of the few serious lessons. Business studies was also serious but it was my favourite subject so it was fine. In year 11 i think i grew a lot more confidently because it was the last year so i felt i could say whatever i wanted and i talked to people a lot more than usual.

Year 13 overall was the best year for me. At the start of the year i was a lot more social than ever before with loads of people turning 18 and having parties for it. Later on most people became a lot more serious and less social because of the important exams. This was the first year where i did a lot of revision after disappointing As results especially because i was resitting all my As exams except 1 of them. I think what made this year so good is how productive i was and how happy being so productive made me. I was getting decent results on practice papers and overall enjoyed my Maths and Business lessons and they were probably the best lessons I've ever had and some of the best times of my life which sounds liek a weird thing to say but my teachers were brilliant and my business class, which only consisted of me and 1 other person, was brilliant.
Reply 37
Your particular case is a weird one then. Most people have more frees in year 13 as they drop a subject.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did have more frees in year 13...
Especially after Christmas, pretty much half my time was spent in frees. :smile:

I agree that Year 12 is less stressful than Year 13 but after the stress of applying for UCAS i could get my head down and focus on revision and i did more work in Year 13 than ever before whereas in Year 12 i spent so much time messing around it was shocking. While you may think loads of revision cant possibly be a good year, for me i think the feeling of being so productive made me feel a lot better in the end than being lazy.
Original post by leahdw
I did have more frees in year 13...
Especially after Christmas, pretty much half my time was spent in frees. :smile:

And that was bad??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest