The Student Room Group

A-level result

I didn't get the grades I was expecting for my A2 results so I'm thinking of retaking my A levels hoping to do much better next time around. But with the new curriculum starting, I'm quite worried.
Some advices would be truly appreciated.
Original post by seph_muriel
I didn't get the grades I was expecting for my A2 results so I'm thinking of retaking my A levels hoping to do much better next time around. But with the new curriculum starting, I'm quite worried.

The curriculum is always updating and changing. The changes shouldn't affect your decision to resit or not :nah:
Haha, was Kingston university throwing in a sneaky advertisement? I saw it.
I think you can still retake as there is gonna to be a legacy paper available for the Year 12 (now Year 13) who started Sixth Form Sep 2014.

The way I see it:

1) Take a gap year/resit exams/reapply....this route allow you to retake your exams and you may like to work/take extra A-levels, which can help to stand your UCAS application from others. And having gone down this route myself, I am very glad I did it, as I got the grade I needed for a better university and also sometimes uni might give you a lower offer than a direct school leaver. (Make sure you can get your hand down to do the work required, despite the absence of school and teachers!)

2) Clearing--If you are desperate to go to university, than is there any course in Clearing that you like?

Marvel
Original post by MarvelAgent
I think you can still retake as there is gonna to be a legacy paper available for the Year 12 (now Year 13) who started Sixth Form Sep 2014.

The way I see it:

1) Take a gap year/resit exams/reapply....this route allow you to retake your exams and you may like to work/take extra A-levels, which can help to stand your UCAS application from others. And having gone down this route myself, I am very glad I did it, as I got the grade I needed for a better university and also sometimes uni might give you a lower offer than a direct school leaver. (Make sure you can get your hand down to do the work required, despite the absence of school and teachers!)

2) Clearing--If you are desperate to go to university, than is there any course in Clearing that you like?

Marvel

I did not apply because I wanted to know my results first so I was planning of applying for September 2016 entry anyway.
All the AS modules I did resit I got high As in them all (3 of them) so I am thinking if I retake the year, would I not also improve like I did for my AS. I want to apply for medicine or biomedical sciences to a good university as I don't want to content myself for a 'lower grade' university, doing a course i'd hate.
Original post by MarvelAgent

The way I see it:

Marvel

Hey I am looking to retake as well!How did you manage your time with AS level and A level material?
I am looking to be doing the same subjects I did this year!I wanted to do 5 subjects but thought it was too much work!Well my grades are pretty average and I'd be applying to UCL,LSE or Warwick as well!
Original post by seph_muriel

Hi there,

If you didn't get the grades don't panic as we still might have a space for you at the University of Northampton. If you call our clearing hotline on 01604 214808 one of our lovely team should be able to help you!

Laura :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest