The Student Room Group

Occasional Scrotal Discomfort

I've had mild, intermittent cases of discomfort around my testes for as long as I can remember (since I was a teenager probably) and I'm 27 now. It doesn't feel like the pain is on the testicles themselves, more around them. It's never really bothered me and I've not thought much of it until now, as it's only happened every now and then and has been easily bearable... it didn't really occur to me that it could be abnormal.

Over the last couple weeks I've had it a bit more frequently and have got a little more concerned about it. I suspect it might be down to my underwear being too tight. I replaced all my boxer shorts a couple months ago and have found them to feel pretty restricting. I've found myself constantly trying to adjust them while I've been at my desk in work.

I have some pairs of loose gym shorts that I've started wearing under my jeans (instead of boxers) lately and I think that makes the discomfort go away (or maybe its just a coincidence). But recently I switched back to the boxer shorts and have experienced some occasional discomfort / very mild pain every now and again.

As well as this, I do a fair bit of cycling (to work, the gym, seeing friends etc). I've heard that can also cause testicular pain and discomfort due to the seat affective your circulation or something.

Of course only a doctor can properly advise me, but does what I've described sound normal?

I plan to carry on wearing my loose shorts under my jeans for the next few days as well as stop using my bike... and see how things go. If no improvement then I imagine a doctor visit may be in order

Quick Reply

Latest