The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i'm not fat but i've become so unfit due to revision etc. i need to take up playing sports again soon, i hate the feeling of lethergy i get when i don't.
Reply 2
leda swanson
i am currently tucking into a whole tub of icecream which i am just about to finish all by myself. yummy. problem is, during the last month of 'revising' for a-levels i have put on a stone, due to 'revise for 10 minutes eat 2 chocolate cakes' mentality. am i the only one who is going to have to crash diet pre-university?

1 stone in a month :eek: . You have been gaining 3.5lbs per week...omg :frown:
Reply 3
leda swanson
i am currently tucking into a whole tub of icecream which i am just about to finish all by myself. yummy. problem is, during the last month of 'revising' for a-levels i have put on a stone, due to 'revise for 10 minutes eat 2 chocolate cakes' mentality. am i the only one who is going to have to crash diet pre-university?

I am eating almost non-stop! I sit down to revise and think 'i'm hungry' its so annoying! And everything i consume is junk food :frown:
Reply 4
Ive found Ive just been eating total shit lately, only put on a pound or two though *phew*
Reply 5
I have the opposite problem, I don't eat enough when I'm revising. I tend to eat just enough to not feel hungry as I can't be bothered with it, it's a waste of time. I only realise I havn't eaten enough when I stand up having spent half the day sitting down revising and nearly pass out.
Reply 6
leda swanson

how did u manage to put on so much! and why do u have so many chocolate cakes :eek:
Reply 7
leda swanson

I've lost weight :redface: :confused:
Don't crash diet though, it is *really* bad for you.
Reply 8
Cate
I've lost weight :redface: :confused:
Don't crash diet though, it is *really* bad for you.

Whys it bad for you?
Reply 9
it's easy not to eat when there's no food in the house and what there is makes you feel sick :smile: Also I don't actually get really hungry.
Reply 10
chats
how did u manage to put on so much! and why do u have so many chocolate cakes :eek:

i really don't like revising, also there is no point in revising because i only need to get about 2% to get an A, but there is nothing to do except revise. yes i think i must have some kind of eating disorder, but it's quite a fun eating disorder to have :smile:
i have been eating crap all day ( i go to the fast food nearly twice every so i dont have to cook) n i think i gain loadsssss of weight too :frown: lol
Reply 12
and i start to think things like 'oh dear, i only ate 5 minutes ago, my blood sugar must be really low, this is why i can't be bothered to learn this list of irregular french verbs...'
Reply 13
I could eat an elephant and not put on any weight. God knows how, I think what I eat and what I weigh are not related, becuase sometimes I eat the most fattening foods, chocolate all the time etc. and don't notice any difference. THen sometimes I eat really healthily, no change at all.

I think food is the biggest distraction from revision though. Study leave means you are at home and there is always the temptation to go to the fridge. SO annoying!
Reply 14
imasillynarb
Ive found Ive just been eating total shit lately, only put on a pound or two though *phew*
Does your metabolism increase when you eat more crappy foods...I always notice any weight gain I have after not dieting for a while comes off really quickly when I restart it?
Reply 15
imasillynarb
Whys it bad for you?

If you lose a load of weight really quickly, even if you gained it quickly, it is bad cos you are more than likely to put it straight back on. and something else to do with something or other that I've forgotten what :confused:
Reply 16
Cate
If you lose a load of weight really quickly, even if you gained it quickly, it is bad cos you are more than likely to put it straight back on. and something else to do with something or other that I've forgotten what :confused:

The fact that youre more likely to put it back on doesnt mean
a) that you will
b) that its 'bad' for you

:smile:
Reply 17
imasillynarb
The fact that youre more likely to put it back on doesnt mean
a) that you will
b) that its 'bad' for you

:smile:

Hm interesting
Reply 18
corey
Does your metabolism increase when you eat more crappy foods...I always notice any weight gain I have after not dieting for a while comes off really quickly when I restart it?

Your metabolism increases when you eat, so eating more will mean a higher metabolic rate..thats all I can think of, dunno why you get this quick weight loss, I think when you change your eating habits dramatically you always get quicker than normal weight loss to start with..
Reply 19
leda swanson

I've actually lost weight through stress and late nights...I literally get about 3 hrs of sleep a night. Don't crash diet before uni, just try and eat 6 small and balanced meals a day so you don't get hungry and pig out all the time. Drink lots of water too, it will fill you up. If you feel you need to run to the kitchen every 10 minutes to eat something, why don't you go peel a carrot or chop some cucumber...then snack on that everytime u go to the kitchen?

Latest

Trending

Trending