The Student Room Group

Four A2's??

Here's the problem. I'm not sure to continue on with four A2's. I got high A's in psych and law which I am continuing and then B and C in business and English.
If I retake a unit I could easily push business up to an A as I was only a few umps marks off and had an A in one exam and a C in the other. and maybe English to a B.. (B in one exam D in the other) Do I take 4 or drop one and if I do drop should it be business or English.
I am worried 4 will be too much, especially with performing arts, bar mock trial and the LNAT I have to take for Bristol uni.
Can I have some guidance?
Original post by Asymetricalwings
Here's the problem. I'm not sure to continue on with four A2's. I got high A's in psych and law which I am continuing and then B and C in business and English.
If I retake a unit I could easily push business up to an A as I was only a few umps marks off and had an A in one exam and a C in the other. and maybe English to a B.. (B in one exam D in the other) Do I take 4 or drop one and if I do drop should it be business or English.
I am worried 4 will be too much, especially with performing arts, bar mock trial and the LNAT I have to take for Bristol uni.
Can I have some guidance?

Hi,

Who has said that you have to take 4 A levels? From what you're saying here, it sounds like you've already worked out that it would be sensible for you to continue with just 3 (as is normal) and not spread yourself too thinly for the reasons you've made with regards to your university application.

In terms of opening up your options, I would encourage you to continue with English over A level Business providing you enjoy it. A level English is a facilitating subject and is often one of the preferred subjects for applying to law at university as it's a traditional, essay based one. This is particularly if you're aiming for AAA level of universities.That said, it also depends on whether you feel you can get an A or A* in English as if you don't think you can then you're probably better off keeping business and ensuring that you read the entry requirements of your choices very carefully before selecting them.

Good luck.
Reply 2
Hello, I would just like to share my opinion on your issue.
I did 4 A2's and the work load became extremely high approaching exam season, make sure you plan ahead to avoid a catastrophe. However saying this, it is possible, but it depends on you as an individual.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by oxymoronic
Hi,

Who has said that you have to take 4 A levels? From what you're saying here, it sounds like you've already worked out that it would be sensible for you to continue with just 3 (as is normal) and not spread yourself too thinly for the reasons you've made with regards to your university application.

In terms of opening up your options, I would encourage you to continue with English over A level Business providing you enjoy it. A level English is a facilitating subject and is often one of the preferred subjects for applying to law at university as it's a traditional, essay based one. This is particularly if you're aiming for AAA level of universities.That said, it also depends on whether you feel you can get an A or A* in English as if you don't think you can then you're probably better off keeping business and ensuring that you read the entry requirements of your choices very carefully before selecting them.

Good luck.

Thanks :smile: I think I'll drop English although it's most traditional because I'm not going to beable to get the grade. I stand a good chance of getting an a* in law and so that would mean I should beable to meet th Bristol requirements of aaa/a*ab
Original post by mubmoh
Hello, I would just like to share my opinion on your issue.
I did 4 A2's and the work load became extremely high approaching exam season, make sure you plan ahead to avoid a catastrophe. However saying this, it is possible, but it depends on you as an individual.

Thanks :smile: the one thing putting me off is that I might fail everything.ni think I'll drop English even though it's the most traditional subject and better for law because of my grade in it.
Original post by Asymetricalwings
Thanks :smile: I think I'll drop English although it's most traditional because I'm not going to beable to get the grade. I stand a good chance of getting an a* in law and so that would mean I should beable to meet th Bristol requirements of aaa/a*ab

Sounds like a plan.

As I said make sure you read the small print and ensure that your subjects are acceptable and have some back up options. Bristol say that they will consider all subjects but others may have preferences
Original post by oxymoronic
Sounds like a plan.

As I said make sure you read the small print and ensure that your subjects are acceptable and have some back up options. Bristol say that they will consider all subjects but others may have preferences

Yeah, The only one I'm thinking of applying for that specifies traditional subjects is Southampton.

Quick Reply

Latest