The Student Room Group

A,C,C,C AS results and dreaming of oxford

So I never actually wanted to go to Oxford until teachers started getting it in my head and I started dreaming. now I got my results I'm asking whether there is any point in me putting it as an option.

I got A in geo, c in French, biology and English lit. I've been wanting to do English and classics....
Anything is possible! Have you considered retaking? Oxford is very competitive, and you have to have at least AAA at AS level
If you're 100% set on going to Oxford, the only way is if you re-take first year AS and ensure you get at least 3 As.
Reply 3
Original post by ETbuymilkandeggs
If you're 100% set on going to Oxford, the only way is if you re-take first year AS and ensure you get at least 3 As.

Well I know if I resist one exam I have a good chance of getting an A in English but the biology will be harder and I'm not so sure... Is it really impossible
Original post by Readthat
Well I know if I resist one exam I have a good chance of getting an A in English but the biology will be harder and I'm not so sure... Is it really impossible

Impossible in what context? Impossible to go to Oxford without AAA+? No, but still quite improbable. Impossible to re-take the first-year, achieve the results you want and apply a year later? No -- many people are admitted into OxBridge after retaking, and anyone is capable of achieving those kinds of results.

The question you have to ask yourself is how committed you are to attending a University like Oxford, and if the extra year in education is worth it for a shot -- not a guarantee -- of going there.

Quick Reply

Latest