The Student Room Group

NUS Card worth it?

Scroll to see replies

There are good alternatives like UniDays and another one I can't quite remember (its logo is orange) if you don't want to splash out the £18.
Original post by thecatwithnohat
There are good alternatives like UniDays and another one I can't quite remember (its logo is orange) if you don't want to splash out the £18.

Studentbeans is crap since they redid the website meaning you can't find any of the decent offers. :lol:
Original post by Roving Fish
Why the hell are you paying for condoms?! Just nip to your local NHS GUM clinic and they'll shower you in them!

Because I need GOOD condoms, the free ones from college, clinics and youth clubs are absolute trash!
Original post by Lemon Haze
Because I need GOOD condoms, the free ones from college, clinics and youth clubs are absolute trash!

They do the job. :ninja:
Original post by Roving Fish
They do the job. :ninja:

No they, don't do the job. Condoms are hard-on killers for me and so I avoid using them if I can, therefore when I do have to use one they gotta be top quality and fit perfectly!
My friend saves about 2/3 pounds each time he shops at Co-Op, after few months the money that you paid for it goes back to you and you save some.
Reply 26
Hell yeah! got one just before i dropped out of university
Original post by Ting Ya
Looking at the food discounts such as Pizza Express, it's the only reason I'd buy the card...for huge discounts...10% discounts are like nothing sometimes -.-
Cheers for all the reviews! ^_^

If i do sign up, do i sign up with my university email or personal email? O.O

Chances are, someone else you know will have one. We went Pizza express for the 40% off deal and only one of us had an NUS card and we all got the discount. Apart from that I have never needed one. Waste of money and usually your student card will suffice anyway.
NUS card £12 is it?
Clothes £100 in a year? At least £10 you'd be saving.
Reply 29
Definitely not buying it anymore ahaha
Yes. Free cheeseburgers. Nuff said.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Edminzodo
Yes. Free cheeseburgers. Nuff said.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've always been able to get them with my normal student ID :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Doesn't the UNIDAYS app pretty much cover the student discounts that NUS offers? Bar a few...
Reply 33
I've got unidays and free nus card from my uni, I just use the one which has better offers :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
Hey if you sign up to unidays you can get access to some discounts too :smile:
Here's the link below to sign up
https://www.myunidays.com/r/Cb5L4gtGNL4
Original post by Lemon Haze
I had one throughtout college and got my money back on my first purchase! (£30 worth of condoms for £5)

Don't buy them! lol how old are you sign up for a "C" card you'll get them for free
Original post by MellyDutchess
Don't buy them! lol how old are you sign up for a "C" card you'll get them for free

Free isn't always good.
Reply 37
Hi which is best to have a nus card or unidaysbecause they both look the same

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending