The Student Room Group

Italian at A-level.

Hi all,

I am about to embark on my A-level journey in September, and I have never done Italian before; however, my college have offered it to me - provided I get a B in another foreign language at GCSE - hopefully I can.

Would you recommend taking Italian as well? Is ti difficult?

Here are my A-levels that I will be taking:

History
English literature
Spanish
Government and Politics OR Italian

Your help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you & Kind Regards.
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

Original post by Cal1999
Hi all,

I am about to embark on my A-level journey in September, and I have never done Italian before; however, my college have offered it to me - provided I get a B in another foreign language at GCSE - hopefully I can.

Would you recommend taking Italian as well? Is ti difficult?

Here are my A-levels that I will be taking:

History
English literature
Spanish
Government and Politics OR Italian

Your help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you & Kind Regards.

Hello! I don't study Italian, but my old school offered it at A Level so they told us some things about it. Vocab wise, a lot of it resembles Spanish, so you're going to need to be careful to not get them mixed up, but otherwise it's not a particularly hard or easy language. I think another language would look stronger than GovPol, since it's a stereotypically 'soft' subject, but of course it depends on what you want to do at university.

Quick Reply

Latest