The Student Room Group

LNAT help

I have been quite interested for some time in applying for a Law course at a Russell Group University. Many of these universities require a good score in the LNAT. Despite a lot of research, I am still slightly confused as to whether the LNAT needs to be sat before you submit your UCAS application and the universities that you have applied to will have been notified of your scores, or whether offers are given to you on the condition that you will achieve a good score.

Any help/advice is much appreciated.
Reply 1
Hello,

I did the LNAT in December last year, and believe the deadline is around January. Best way to go is to book your LNAT now in advance, giving yourself enough time to prepare for it. You don't need to sit it before your UCAS is submitted - you just won't get an offer until they get your results. In terms of preparing for your LNAT i'd advise buying one or two books in order to help you, as i found them really useful. (particularly 'Mastering the National Admissions Test for Law' by Mark Sheperd - I have a spare copy if you are interested) Go through the questions and really get acquainted with how you need to think and analyse every detail. Due to the nature of the LNAT you can't really revise, but practising lots of the questions will certainly get you (and your brain) much more used to the type of questions that will come up. Hope this helped and let me know if you have any more questions, i know the LNAT can be daunting!

Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending