The Student Room Group

Hi guys, sitting my LNAT

Hi there! What kind of essay topics does the LNAT essay focus on? I've been practicing past essay questions and just wanted to know a rough idea.
(edited 4 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by samirahk2004
does anyone know what kind of essay topics will be coming up this year. I've been practicing past essay questions and just want to know a rough idea.

hi there! as i'm sure you'll know, the essay topics are completely at random due to being computer generated, so to predict the exact type of questions that will be asked would be a pretty difficult task. though to answer your question, i sat my LNAT just a few weeks ago, and the two that i was given were along the lines of 'Should everyone who is able to benefit from learning recieve free education?' and 'Should catholics be allowed to ban gay couples from hostels?' with the third one being also on religion, but i can't remember exactly what the question was. i ended up answering the latter, just because i felt like if i could write an more interesting essay, but overall, the questions were definitely manageable, and you also get a choice of 3 so it is highly unlikely that you won't be able to create an decent argument on atleast one of them. best of luck !!
does anyone know what kind of essay topics will be coming up this year. I've been practicing past essay questions and just want to know a rough idea.

its usually on current affair topics like education, death, (maybe) ai or technology, euthanasia. climate change etc. (anything on the law, science, media, education, politics)
Reply 3
Like others have said it's impossible to know what topics will come up this year or in any particular sitting but if you want some typical free essay topics of the general kind that come up there are a few pages -
https://lnatmaster.com/lnat-essay-questions/
https://examsam.com/lnat/essay-questions/
https://leverageedu.com/blog/lnat-sample-essays/
Reply 4
Thank you guys! If there is anyone sitting the LNAT here, I have practiced a few questions and can provide them to anyone in need. I followed the guideline and found that following a simple intro, for and against and conclusion structure really helped.
Reply 5
Original post by Gordon K.
hi there! as i'm sure you'll know, the essay topics are completely at random due to being computer generated, so to predict the exact type of questions that will be asked would be a pretty difficult task. though to answer your question, i sat my LNAT just a few weeks ago, and the two that i was given were along the lines of 'Should everyone who is able to benefit from learning recieve free education?' and 'Should catholics be allowed to ban gay couples from hostels?' with the third one being also on religion, but i can't remember exactly what the question was. i ended up answering the latter, just because i felt like if i could write an more interesting essay, but overall, the questions were definitely manageable, and you also get a choice of 3 so it is highly unlikely that you won't be able to create an decent argument on atleast one of them. best of luck !!

Thank you for your response, I really appreciate it. I hope we all receive amazing results on the LNAT exam.
Reply 6
Original post by HennyInThyMug
its usually on current affair topics like education, death, (maybe) ai or technology, euthanasia. climate change etc. (anything on the law, science, media, education, politics)

Thank you for your response! I really appreciate it!
Thank you for your response! I really appreciate it!

is anyone having trouble accessing arbitio, the website seems to be down for me
Reply 8
Hi there, yes, I am as well! I refreshed my laptop but it still doesn't seem to work.
Hi there, yes, I am as well! I refreshed my laptop but it still doesn't seem to work.

ok yeah so the website is down, that is very annoying, i hope they fix it soon. if you gain access can you please let me know?
Reply 10
Original post by Lunnr006.302
ok yeah so the website is down, that is very annoying, i hope they fix it soon. if you gain access can you please let me know?

Yes I will! Make sure to keep thestudentroom tab open. Hopefully it's up and running soon.
Yes I will! Make sure to keep thestudentroom tab open. Hopefully it's up and running soon.

the idea of not having the rest of arbitio to practice has got me stresseddddd lol
Reply 12
the idea of not having the rest of arbitio to practice has got me stresseddddd lol

Honestly, same. There's another site which is actually great called the lawyer portal. It gives you an essay and 4 sets of questions to answer. There is no time limit and gives you the answers once you have answered the 4 questions. It repeats this process. Try it out and tell me what you think!
Reply 13
Honestly, same. There's another site which is actually great called the lawyer portal. It gives you an essay and 4 sets of questions to answer. There is no time limit and gives you the answers once you have answered the 4 questions. It repeats this process. Try it out and tell me what you think!

I've just been trying out everything. The LNAT is so unpredictable. I'm actually resitting my LNAT and learning from the mistakes that I made last time.
I've just been trying out everything. The LNAT is so unpredictable. I'm actually resitting my LNAT and learning from the mistakes that I made last time.

lnat ninja has a massive question bank that you could do 42 at a time, but ive done all of them so i wanted to do the harder arbitio ones and then do the three official ones, but for now ill have to ease up on revision and spread out the official papers. The lawyer portal for me isnt great, theyre not full length tests and that to me isnt representative of the difficulty. And same, i also done the lnat last year
(edited 4 months ago)
Reply 15
lnat ninja has a massive question bank that you could do 42 at a time, but ive done all of them so i wanted to do the harder arbitio ones and then do the three official ones, but for now ill have to ease up on revision and spread out the official papers. The lawyer portal for me isnt great, theyre not full length tests and that to me isnt representative of the difficulty. And same, i also done the lnat last year

Yes I completely understand. A lot of students are saying that this year's LNAT has been really difficult. There's this girl on tiktok whose made a full document outlining a guide to LNAT mcq questions and it's been really helpful. Her name is Naomiyik. She took a gap year and resat her a levels and LNAT.
Yes I completely understand. A lot of students are saying that this year's LNAT has been really difficult. There's this girl on tiktok whose made a full document outlining a guide to LNAT mcq questions and it's been really helpful. Her name is Naomiyik. She took a gap year and resat her a levels and LNAT.

I have also heard about an increasing difficulty, but i also take it with a pinch of salt, the LNAT is always a difficult exam, and everyone academic enough to apply to the universities that require the LNAT understand this, and often exaggerate their experience despite it being like everyone elses experience. i think the highest i got on practice last year was 32, my actual exam was 18, and thats because i messed it up royally and the nerves got to me. everyones passages, practice, timing, reading speed, is different. So ruminating about how difficult other people found it seems pointless to me
Reply 17
I have also heard about an increasing difficulty, but i also take it with a pinch of salt, the LNAT is always a difficult exam, and everyone academic enough to apply to the universities that require the LNAT understand this, and often exaggerate their experience despite it being like everyone elses experience. i think the highest i got on practice last year was 32, my actual exam was 18, and thats because i messed it up royally and the nerves got to me. everyones passages, practice, timing, reading speed, is different. So ruminating about how difficult other people found it seems pointless to me

Yeah that is very true. Everyone has different experiences with their revision methods. And I agree, comparing is useless and a waste of energy.
Yeah that is very true. Everyone has different experiences with their revision methods. And I agree, comparing is useless and a waste of energy.

best thing to do is just remain optimistic, ive emailed the arbitio administration so hopefully i hear back soon
Reply 19
Yes! Positivity and confidence is key. Do tell me how your LNAT goes once you have completed it. Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending