The Student Room Group

does BTEC Child play learning and development get me in to primary education in uni?

Hey everyone :smile:
I recently received my A level results for AS and didn't do too well. I want to go in to primary education for university and this year my sixth form are introducing a new BTEC called child play learning and development. However, I'm not sure if this BTEC will help me get in to primary education or shall I just do health and social care BTEC which is not specific to what I want to do in the future. I am also aware that there is a BTEC called child care learning and development I'm not too sure if that is different to what my school offers as no college or sixth form offers child care learning and development BTEC near me. Any advice would be really helpful :biggrin:

Thank you
Chandni
Original post by chandni121
Hey everyone :smile:
I recently received my A level results for AS and didn't do too well. I want to go in to primary education for university and this year my sixth form are introducing a new BTEC called child play learning and development. However, I'm not sure if this BTEC will help me get in to primary education or shall I just do health and social care BTEC which is not specific to what I want to do in the future. I am also aware that there is a BTEC called child care learning and development I'm not too sure if that is different to what my school offers as no college or sixth form offers child care learning and development BTEC near me. Any advice would be really helpful :biggrin:

Thank you
Chandni

Hi there,

The college I went to offered this course, but it may be different. The one at my college did not give any UCAS points, subsequently meaning those who took the course could not apply nor be accepted into a uni. However, yours may be different. If it is a Level 3 BTEC then chances are you will receive BTEC points from this. Most uni's also accept CACHE diplomas (Sheffield Hallam does for Childhood Studies). Teaching degrees also accept childcare related BTEC's, but request higher points to be attained from these. If you are undecided, I personally did the BTEC in Health & Social Care, and although I did not myself a few of my peers applied and were accepted into universities to study teaching :smile: I would advise you speak to someone at your college to gaina further insight to the course and to ask whether or not it can ultimately be accepted at uni's and offer enough UCAS points for your chosen course. Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by EmEmTheFairy
Hi there,

The college I went to offered this course, but it may be different. The one at my college did not give any UCAS points, subsequently meaning those who took the course could not apply nor be accepted into a uni. However, yours may be different. If it is a Level 3 BTEC then chances are you will receive BTEC points from this. Most uni's also accept CACHE diplomas (Sheffield Hallam does for Childhood Studies). Teaching degrees also accept childcare related BTEC's, but request higher points to be attained from these. If you are undecided, I personally did the BTEC in Health & Social Care, and although I did not myself a few of my peers applied and were accepted into universities to study teaching :smile: I would advise you speak to someone at your college to gaina further insight to the course and to ask whether or not it can ultimately be accepted at uni's and offer enough UCAS points for your chosen course. Good luck!

Thank you so much EmEM The Fairy :smile:, I have just booked an appointment with my careers adviser and i wasn't aware of what BTEC points where but I will bring this up when in the meeting
thank you again :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending