The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Cambridge 2016 Postgraduate Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by runzhuo
Just take it easy~ As for me, It is normal~ My application has been submitted for nearly 2 months and my status still shows 'Awating consideration by department'. I don't know why but I am sure I have followed all of the requirements about how to submit the application and supporting documents. So just wait and I believe someone is considering our application now.

Hey thanks for the reply.

I am still not sure about that since the department website says different.
http://www.landecon.cam.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate-study/information-for-applicants/how-to-apply

Maybe it differs from department to department. Would you mind share which course you are applying for?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by flypusher
Well mine changed to "application with degree committee" on 19th (last Tuesday) and then it was with BoGS the next day, and I got a conditional offer via camsis the next day. I know the degree committee was scheduled for 20th which might explain why my application proceeded so quickly. I am no expert at this but maybe your application did not make it to the meeting and will be considered when they meet again :confused: (see the attached document)

Best of luck! I am sure you will get in :smile:

Hey!

I just got my Conditional Offer! Next step comes the Scholarships. All the best to you too!
I just want to be rejected already and get on with my life! I hate waaaiiiitiiiingggggg for an inevitable rejection, baahhhhhhh
Ohhh, just received an email from my faculty saying that ESRC is going to interview those who are shortlisted by the faculty for the funding on 16th Feb and we will be notified by 12th. That means offers will definitely be made before or on 12th. Sooooooooo nervous.
Reply 1184
Original post by Jiaziberry
Ohhh, just received an email from my faculty saying that ESRC is going to interview those who are shortlisted by the faculty for the funding on 16th Feb and we will be notified by 12th. That means offers will definitely be made before or on 12th. Sooooooooo nervous.

Wait...just? As in just now midnight UK time?

Otherwise, at least the schedule is set!
Original post by pallavipanda
Hey!

I just got my Conditional Offer! Next step comes the Scholarships. All the best to you too!

Congrats! There's a Facebook group for Offer Holders if you would like to join?
https://www.facebook.com/groups/postgraduates2016/
Original post by Jo clark
Hey thanks for the reply.

I am still not sure about that since the department website says different.
http://www.landecon.cam.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate-study/information-for-applicants/how-to-apply

Maybe it differs from department to department. Would you mind share which course you are applying for?

Mphil in development studies......
Reply 1187
Original post by Jiaziberry

Surely it really only means that those that are shortlisted will hear by the 12th? The shortlisted will be the top candidates (and it makes sense that they get early offers). There could be more offers on the way without departmental funding made later?
Original post by pallavipanda
Hey!

Yay! I am very happy for you! Yes, there is a lot to be done still, college membership, funding, visa etc...
Hi guys, my status has just changed to Awaiting decision by board of graduate studies!!! My course is MPhil Economics! Fingers crossed for the actual offer to come!!!
Original post by claire1010
Hi guys, my status has just changed to Awaiting decision by board of graduate studies!!! My course is MPhil Economics! Fingers crossed for the actual offer to come!!!

Congrats - BOGS is simply administrative so you can probably begin celebrations! My official offer was made the next morning. :biggrin:

You are welcome to join the FB group of offer holders https://www.facebook.com/groups/postgraduates2016/

Congrats! When did you apply?
Original post by Broyo
Wait...just? As in just now midnight UK time?

Otherwise, at least the schedule is set!

Sorry, I should have said 'just checked my email and saw .....'
(# ̄▽ ̄#)
Original post by sj27
Surely it really only means that those that are shortlisted will hear by the 12th? The shortlisted will be the top candidates (and it makes sense that they get early offers). There could be more offers on the way without departmental funding made later?

What you said makes a lot more sense. (。-ˍ-。 )

I think when I said all the offers I was thinking offers concerning the internal applicants. If I don't hear anything before 12th Feb, I am doomed.
Original post by Alex.D
Congrats! When did you apply?

Thanks! I applied on 26/11/15 and my second reference was submitted on 7/12/15.
Reply 1195

Congrats! What is your profile if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by hugsy
Congrats! What is your profile if you don't mind me asking?

I hold a Bachelor of Commerce (degree with Honours) in Economics from Australia with H1 average.
Original post by runzhuo
Mphil in development studies......

One of my status just turned to under consideration by the department today, took them 2 weeks. 2 month still under the awaiting status, ummm.. maybe you need to consider email the department.
Original post by Josb
You're back from France?

Yes! :-) Since June.

I've got an invitation to an "admissions/AHRC interview" next week! Any idea what this might entail? Is it basically an assessment for AHRC funding? Or purely admissions based? So excited but also quite terrified!
My application for the MPhil in Economics has been put on hold - anyone know what my chances are following this decision? - apparently I should hear back by March/April - however I have another offer which I need to accept (or reject) relatively soon. Is it frowned upon to accept various offers and then reneg them later on?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending