The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Uni Accommodation Info MKII (Please post all questions here)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Inazuma
Heaven knows.

My only theory is that due to the new halls, (or one new one this year), they're hoping more people will spread out their first choice - especially since few are available as third.
That is the only logical conclusion I can think of.

That does make sense, I suppose. Doubt it'll work out that way though. Thanks for the reply.
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 661
Does anyone know how much longer after you firm the uni that you can apply for accommodation? And is your student number on your study letter printed on a physical letter? Should I be waiting to receive this after firming? Thanks
Original post by camd97
Does anyone know how much longer after you firm the uni that you can apply for accommodation? And is your student number on your study letter printed on a physical letter? Should I be waiting to receive this after firming? Thanks

It says you should wait 'a day or longer' somewhere. I firmed yesterday and plan to wait until tomorrow to apply.
Your student number can be found on your VIP page.
Reply 663
I know the shared rooms at wills have a wall separating, do the shared rooms also have their own bathrooms? Also do Baddock have a wall separating and own bathroom?
Thanks
Original post by amu3
I know the shared rooms at wills have a wall separating, do the shared rooms also have their own bathrooms? Also do Baddock have a wall separating and own bathroom?
Thanks

The shared rooms/blocks at wills are in old quad, so have shared bathrooms.
The best way to describe the rooms is a smaller room, by which you gain access through a larger room.

Not sure about Badock.
Original post by Inazuma
The shared rooms/blocks at wills are in old quad, so have shared bathrooms.
The best way to describe the rooms is a smaller room, by which you gain access through a larger room.

Not sure about Badock.

Do you know if there are any en-suite rooms in Wills Hall that are part of the Old Quad/nicer looking building (rather than the XYZ and UVW blocks)?
Original post by tanyapotter
Do you know if there are any en-suite rooms in Wills Hall that are part of the Old Quad/nicer looking building (rather than the XYZ and UVW blocks)?

Technically yes, I was in that block (B block), but you can't apply for them and that block tends to be allocated to those with medical issues.
Does anyone know if "University of Bristol student number, as given on your offer of study letter" is the same as a student 'code' which can be found on the VIP page?
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
Does anyone know if "University of Bristol student number, as given on your offer of study letter" is the same as a student 'code' which can be found on the VIP page?

It's the same yes
Original post by gcsestudent123
It's the same yes

Nice one! Now all I have to do is work out what I'm going to write about myself.
Nice one! Now all I have to do is work out what I'm going to write about myself.

Where are you thinking of applying to?
Where are you thinking of applying to?

I was hoping Manor Hall but have just come across this "For 2016 entry, residences with mature (over 21) flats/floors will be: 115 Queens Road, Winkworth House, Orchard Heights, Favell House and Hiatt Baker catered and self-catered."

Does that mean those are my only options?
I was hoping Manor Hall but have just come across this "For 2016 entry, residences with mature (over 21) flats/floors will be: 115 Queens Road, Winkworth House, Orchard Heights, Favell House and Hiatt Baker catered and self-catered."

Does that mean those are my only options?

I don't think so, I think it just means that if you wanted to be in a mature flat then you would have to apply to one of those. If you don't mind which kind of flat you're in, then you have a free choice of any of the accommodation options available. If you're worried about this though I would email the accommodation office to check :smile:
I don't think so, I think it just means that if you wanted to be in a mature flat then you would have to apply to one of those. If you don't mind which kind of flat you're in, then you have a free choice of any of the accommodation options available. If you're worried about this though I would email the accommodation office to check :smile:

The places I listed are either really quite expensive or complete shitholes. I'm risking it and just going for where I originally wanted.
Any Goldney applicants?
I put Goldney, Durdham and Waverley respectively :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Am struggling to decide whether the benefits of Stoke bishop (more social) are worth it when you have to walk for ages each day. Anybody got any advice ?
Original post by MichaelJames97
Am struggling to decide whether the benefits of Stoke bishop (more social) are worth it when you have to walk for ages each day. Anybody got any advice ?

Why would you walk when there's a free, regular bus? :wink:
Do it.
Original post by Inazuma
Why would you walk when there's a free, regular bus? :wink:
Do it.

Haha depends, is it easy to get a space in the mornings ?
Original post by MichaelJames97
Haha depends, is it easy to get a space in the mornings ?

Depends what time, 9ams are busiest, esp since people seem to insist on leaving it as late as possible. If there's a queue to get on, and you're at the end you may need to stand, but there's always space. Buses run often enough that should there not be, you'll be next on.
10/11 ams aren't so busy.
Original post by JPencil
Any Goldney applicants?
I put Goldney, Durdham and Waverley respectively :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Goldney, then University Hall!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending