The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Uni Accommodation Info MKII (Please post all questions here)

Scroll to see replies

Does anyone know what HB catered is Like?
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Original post by honeysugar
Does anyone know what HB catered is Like?

It's supposed to be super fun!
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
The Rackhay! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :frown:

Damn, I feel for you.

I didn't get my first choice, sadly, but my second choice is fine by me. I mainly regret that it's £1000~ more than my first choice, but at least it's not city centre.
Accepted into my first choice, Churchill Hall! Anyone else the same?
Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad
The Rackhay! Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! :frown:

Fml I got third choice as well, Waverley House.
Original post by Buonaparte
Damn, I feel for you.

I didn't get my first choice, sadly, but my second choice is fine by me. I mainly regret that it's £1000~ more than my first choice, but at least it's not city centre.

where did you get?
Original post by unistudent132
where did you get?

Winkworth. I suppose it's technically city centre, but it's in a nice neighbourhood, not surrounded by the urban mass like the UNITE residences.
Reply 867
Pls anyone willing to room swap- got Rackhay too and really would prefer an ensuite room close to the uni :'( :'(
Reply 868
Did anyone get self catered accommodation who wants catered?

I was given Hiatt Baker catered and I really want self catered halls which is what I requested, does anyone have any self catered halls they would like to swap??
How nice is Durdham Hall? It wasn't any of my choices.....
Reply 870
Original post by TheEconomist101
How nice is Durdham Hall? It wasn't any of my choices.....

What were your choices?
Original post by amyesks
What were your choices?

Manor Hall and University Hall.
Reply 872
anyone know how to find out if you're in mixed or single sex accommodation? Hoping for mixed but cant see any indication as to this on my offer
third choice favell house loooooool
Does anyone know the moving in dates for Riverside residences? I looked on the residence guide page and the Riverside ones are the only ones without an arrivals leaflet.

http://www.bristol.ac.uk/students/accommodation/
Does anyone feel like swapping HBSC (or any self catered hall) to hiatt baker catered? I don't mind going but I'd prefer to be self catered. Also, how do we pay for it all? And should we use all our student loans in the year? Or save some?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 876
Anyone else end up in Favell? I didn't even apply for it which was disappointing
Reply 877
Original post by honeysugar
Does anyone feel like swapping HBSC (or any self catered hall) for hiatt baker catered? I don't mind going but I'd prefer to be self catered. Also, how do we pay for it all? And should we use all our student loans in the year? Or save some?

Exactly my problem, wanted Hiatt Baker self catered but got given catered :frown:

and with student loans, unless you're getting loads, it will probably be really hard to save any
Original post by vca
Anyone else end up in Favell? I didn't even apply for it which was disappointing

I am wasn't one of my choices, it looks disgusting and is £1000 more than I wanted to pay, I'm not impressed
Original post by amyesks
Exactly my problem, wanted Hiatt Baker self catered but got given catered :frown:

and with student loans, unless you're getting loads, it will probably be really hard to save any

Are you gonna accept it or are you just gonna leave it? When do we have to accept it by? I don't know how much loans in getting so I'm worried. Someone who goes to BRISTOL and was in HB said the bonus is that if you run out of money, you'll still have breakfast and dinner available. Do you think we should email in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending