The Student Room Group

I've got a job so I'm better than you!

So ye. Mr Anonymous takes a job at MCDonald's and he thinks he is better than everyone else. He proclaims his superiority on a podium and yells to everyone else around him.

Scroungers, Malingerers, Shirkers and Layabouts I talk down to thee. Time went past when you just walked past me in the street without noticing my under rated indecent morally bankrupt Ego but now is your time to prove your worth and bow down and worship the very thing which makes our world function!

Me! Yes! Me!

Mr Anonymous is so superior that all the folks in the land would frequently bow down to him and take numerous beatings, hours of obscene rhetoric and later forced to jump hurdles to the amusement of their new overlord.

Such has this became the new low clearly illustrated in the United Kingdom where praise and admiration is given to anyone who can clearly demonstrate that they become outrageous jerks and parrot the establishments words to the letter.

The End!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Agreed. Sometimes I feel like this because I never touched the Stem subjects, but I think it is more likely my own self conscience rather than the attitudes of people around me. They're all pretty cool.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm a bit confused about this thread. Is it trying to say it's alright not to work.
Reply 4
That's not okay at all, everyone should work their ass off. That's not what we're saying, I think the general point is work snobbery, as if one job at MacDonald's is better than another at say, KFC or something
Original post by MatureStudent36
I'm a bit confused about this thread. Is it trying to say it's alright not to work.

No it shows you the ignorance of the people who talk down to those who have worked for 40 years and then find themselves on Job Seekers Allowance or on disability benefits.

We now live in a society where peoples past contributions simply do not matter. This is reflected not only in the Tory propaganda but also The Bank of Englands interest rates. This means people become less fiscally conservative and borrow/leverage more than they can afford to lose (I'm talking about traders here and not home buyers). Isn't this the same thing we got us in the financial mess in the first place? I understand you have a bias to this because you have a mortgage.

We are in a state of ideological austerity yet our own financial system is kept on life support though low interest rates and this breeds people who are given the incentive to behave badly in the city again.

This is why I am sick of working in London because I'm surrounded by dumb sheep who believe anything and spit on the previous generations of the real hard working people.

We live in a state of zombie slavery which keeps the country running just so the city of london/canary wharf can keep churning out huge clumps of crony-capitalist activity.
(edited 8 years ago)
How about this one: "I did a non-STEM subject at a crap uni and make six figures now so I am better than you!"

Oh wait, that's me...
Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil
How about this one: "I did a non-STEM subject at a crap uni and make six figures now so I am better than you!"

Oh wait, that's me...

CEO -2? Is that 2 steps away from CEO?
Original post by tehforum
CEO -2? Is that 2 steps away from CEO?

Two levels. My boss reports to the CEO.
Reply 9
Original post by illegaltobepoor
So ye. Mr Anonymous takes a job at MCDonald's and he thinks he is better than everyone else. He proclaims his superiority on a podium and yells to everyone else around him.

Scroungers, Malingerers, Shirkers and Layabouts I talk down to thee. Time went past when you just walked past me in the street without noticing my under rated indecent morally bankrupt Ego but now is your time to prove your worth and bow down and worship the very thing which makes our world function!

Me! Yes! Me!

Mr Anonymous is so superior that all the folks in the land would frequently bow down to him and take numerous beatings, hours of obscene rhetoric and later forced to jump hurdles to the amusement of their new overlord.

Such has this became the new low clearly illustrated in the United Kingdom where praise and admiration is given to anyone who can clearly demonstrate that they become outrageous jerks and parrot the establishments words to the letter.

The End!

Anyone working for McDonald's (and I count myself among them) knows they're not better than anyone.
Reply 10
Two levels. My boss reports to the CEO.

So, what, the CEO's butler is your sugar daddy?
Original post by illegaltobepoor
No it shows you the ignorance of the people who talk down to those who have worked for 40 years and then find themselves on Job Seekers Allowance or on disability benefits.

We now live in a society where peoples past contributions simply do not matter. This is reflected not only in the Tory propaganda but also The Bank of Englands interest rates. This means people become less fiscally conservative and borrow/leverage more than they can afford to lose (I'm talking about traders here and not home buyers). Isn't this the same thing we got us in the financial mess in the first place? I understand you have a bias to this because you have a mortgage.

We are in a state of ideological austerity yet our own financial system is kept on life support though low interest rates and this breeds people who are given the incentive to behave badly in the city again.

This is why I am sick of working in London because I'm surrounded by dumb sheep who believe anything and spit on the previous generations of the real hard working people.

We live in a state of zombie slavery which keeps the country running just so the city of london/canary wharf can keep churning out huge clumps of crony-capitalist activity.

Past contributions do matter. it doesn't however as some seem to think entitle you to a lifetime on benefits and drawing significantly more out of the system than you put in.
Original post by jape

No, my boss is the Head of Corporate Strategy, and neither I nor anyone I know knew him before he hired me, So nothing like how you got your job at McDonald's...
Reply 13
No, my boss is the Head of Corporate Strategy, and neither I nor anyone I know knew him before he hired me, So nothing like how you got your job at McDonald's...

I didn't get my job thanks to nepotism. For someone with such a high-up job, you've got a stellar inferiority complex.
Reply 14
I got my job because I was the best for it.

Plus kangaroo's have filthy balls and someone needs to clean them.
Reply 15

Oh wait, that's me...

Lets see the P60 :biggrin:
Hahahahahahaha
Original post by Reue
Lets see the P60 :biggrin:

Hahahahahahaha
Original post by jape

He's the CEO's PA's tea boy.
Anyone without a job is sub human.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending