The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography GEOG 3 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JgR1997
Was so shocked they asked about TNCs for like the 3/4th time, and they were the same questions, I could've sworn they were gonna ask about the development continuum, LDCs and NICs, nevertheless I managed to put in the development continuum whether they wanted it or not I made it relevant 😂

LDCs and NICs basically came up as the essay, so that would be why
Does anyone remember the exact wording of the World Cities 10 marker?
Original post by hpiercey3
I did plate tectonics 25 (lovely), development and globalisation 25 (wish i had revised sustainable tourism lol) and world cities 40 (dream question)

What did people include in WC 40?

What did you put for the tectonics 7 marker?
Original post by arsenal1997
hi guys,
was just wondering for the tectonics 40 marker
I wrote majority of my essay on volcanoes, but then for some reason wrote some on earthquakes, how badly will this affect my mark, only a bit of it tho.
thanks

Depends - did you just dump in an earthquake case study or did you make it synoptic? The examiners, when talking about flair and thinking like a geographer, mean that they don't want you to conform to an imaginary mark scheme in your head and would like you to 'take risks' in a sense, exploring different ideas and connecting the different parts of geography. Thus, if you mentioned an earthquake and connected it in well to your volcanoes essay, you may have gained marks for being synoptic. For example I mentioned how in the Naples Earthquake of 2015, Facebook launched its friend finder and that this technology could help out in the future of volcanic disasters in that it could be combined with GIS to provide maps that help rescue teams located where the worst areas are based upon the amount of people that mark themselves as safe.
Original post by lulus1
What did you put for the tectonics 7 marker?

I wrote about the movement of plates, creation of Loihi, extinct volcanic islands, magma plume etc...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Can't mess up more than I did with the 10 marker for world cities. I spoke about a retail centre. 😂

That tectonics 40 marker too though? Was worded so awkwardly.

Language student : I'm pretty sure you wrote the correct things. I spoke about deline in Detroit with mine to relate it to characteristics. :')
Original post by odjack

With one or more case study, evaluate the impacts of measures of regenerate town or city centre.

Something like that..
Original post by IhateAlevels123
What did everyone write for the 7 mark conflict question?

Found this so difficult. I wrote about quite a few things in little detail. I did the Tatars may be discriminated against as the minority.
Crimea is geographically isolated
Population may be tired of being passed around from Russia to Ukraine (lol idek)
Military presence may cause violence to escalate
Tartars being removed from their land in ww2 may have created resentment

Honestly no clue if any of this is credit worthy, hopefully picks up a few marks
Is this a good examples of flair? A
I said that there would need to changes in the school system for multiculturalism one example is that this exam may have been changed its date due to Ramadan.
Original post by redwhiteandbrit
I wrote about the movement of plates, creation of Loihi, extinct volcanic islands, magma plume etc...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did exactly the same, added some of the ages and pattern from E to W with E oldest, dormant, potential impact on building infrastructure and then pattern for new islands to form as did loihi
Original post by odjack

"With reference to one or more examples, evaluate the impact of measures to regenerate town or city centres"
would birmingham cbd count e.g bullring and grand central train station as a regeneration for the world cities 10 marker?
Original post by Language student
With one or more case study, evaluate the impacts of measures of regenerate town or city centre.

Something like that..
So talking about Manchester and saying whether the economic/social impacts were positive/negative... would that be OK?
Original post by Charlee119
Can't mess up more than I did with the 10 marker for world cities. I spoke about a retail centre. 😂

That tectonics 40 marker too though? Was worded so awkwardly.

Language student : I'm pretty sure you wrote the correct things. I spoke about deline in Detroit with mine to relate it to characteristics. :':wink:

I researched about Detroit 10mins before I entered the exam room!!!! AND I DIDN'T WRITE ANYTHING ON IT... So annoyed at myself... This exam makes me want to cry 😭😭
Original post by odjack
So talking about Manchester and saying whether the economic/social impacts were positive/negative... would that be OK?

I don't know cos I ****ed it up badly, writing about property led and partnership regenerations
Original post by redwhiteandbrit

Posted from TSR Mobile

Me too, but all worded very badly. Didn't really mention the magma plume though lol oops
How did you comment on it? I said that recently the theory behind hotspots had been updated and now could be due to weaknesses in the crust and areas of high volumes of magma, so this didn't provide evidence for that, dunno if that's any good or not
anyone got any idea what they put for the weather and climate first question?
Original post by Legend12345
anyone got any idea what they put for the weather and climate first question?

A picture of HongKong and asked for conditions for photochemical smog
Did the weather and climate forty marker - the plate tectonics one looked like a nightmare when I read it hahaha
The 10 marker world cities was so badly worded :/ I wrote about private-public partnership but not sure if new islington is a city centre :/
Original post by rosieschofield
I wrote about the Albert Dock Liverpool property led regeneration scheme, and Liverpool one, so the property led stuff took place in the city centre, so I think I'll have still gotten at least some marks ??

I wrote the same but only Liverpool one

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending