The Student Room Group

Medicine application/selection processes

Hi, I've been looking on tsr and people sometimes mention percentages like how this medical school uses UKCAT or GCSE's for a third or 20% of your application or so on and I was wondering where you can find that information, particularly for places like BSMS or UCL since I've been on their websites and cannot find a thing, thanks :smile:
Not sure how up to date everything is but it's a good place to start. Going on the universities website is always the best option though http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Applying_to_Medical_School_using_your_Strengths
Reply 2
If it does not state on their website/prospectus/admissions document/selection procedure document/FAQs then they probably don't have a specific percentage that the UKCAT (or for UCL and BSMS the BMAT) is worth. Generally, read the info on their websites, the wiki pages on here, then plough through the individual past year threads of Med Schools you are interested in as you can pick up lots of useful information as to previous years cut offs, info given out informally or at open days and stats that have been successful at obtaining interviews/offers. You can also use good old Google and there are lots of other sites with Med School details pulled into one place for wannabe Med Students. If there is a particular Med School you are interested in, and cannot find the information any other way, then you can ask on here, but a blanket "how do Med Schools use aptitude tests?" is quite hard to answer as they all use them differently!
Reply 3
Cool, thanks to everyone that replied I'll definitely take everyone's advice :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending