The Student Room Group

in need of a wacky duvet cover for my bed....any ideas where to buy??

heyhey

just got a new bed, and im searching for some cool duvet covers...im thinking retro, polka dots, maybe vvintage perhaps....anything tht looks great and isnt boring or plain.....

so just wondering whether anyone knows where to buy such wackyness..?
rele wud love polka dots too (bed is double, and not too expensive duvet covers wud be great)

thnx a million.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Do the Pier do duvet covers? They have pretty stuff.

If my budget would stretch I would buy Laura Ashley (as long as my boyfriend wouldn't object to the cuteness!)

Dunhelm Mill is a good place to look, although they would be a little more traditional, but still pretty. Mine currently is from there. Its light blue with dark blue appliqué leaves. Yum its pretty!
Reply 3
Ikea? The Peruvian Consulate in Bordeaux sold some gnarly genuine Peruvian woollen blankets, they were awesome. Gonna get some for my bed when I got back to Bordeaux!
tie dye yourself one! re-live those hippy days of youth!
Reply 5
OMG please get this one....

:flutter:
Reply 6
make one. :biggrin:
Reply 8
thnx everyone for ur help.....hmmm i dno, iv tried argos, but my room is bright orange and yellow, ikea, i will look again...wasnt too sure with their sizes but it looks like they are the best to my taste so far. i cnt make things at all, but meh..iv got it into my head, that polka dot or something retro will be good, but meh.

thnx everyone again, i'll try ikea again. xxxx
Reply 10
I got a very cool duvet cover in Ikea :smile:
Reply 11
Gem
OMG please get this one....

:flutter:

Oh aye, Gem :wink: Do you play twister in bed a lot? :biggrin:
:hugs:
Reply 12
I always wanted a twister duvet :smile: Always had single beds though :rolleyes:
Reply 13
vector
I always wanted a twister duvet :smile: Always had single beds though :rolleyes:

you could lay a mat out at the side too: adding a 3rd dimension, never a bad thing :wink: :wink:
Reply 14
go camden, i remember seeing a chess one on there. yessss, there was alot of pawn on there :P
Reply 15
I have the twister one!

No-one has played with me yet though :p:

I went to a massive asda hypermarket type thing, and they had a really cool black/white reversible plain duvet cover set. I've bought that and then i'm gonna customise it. If i get bored of one side, i flip it over and have a totally new design!

It was only £8 for a double set, and it wouldn't cost much to personalise it. Maybe an option?

Ooo that one with the stars rocks! I don't usually pay that much for duvet covers but it is cool...
Reply 16
An ex of mine had one of the Twister duvets - I wanted one ever since :rolleyes:
This thread is still going?

Is there anyone here who is a little shaky about people trying to find 'Retro/Vintage' things... and trying to be 'Quirky!'?

If it keeps you warm... but not too warm when there's two of you, then its all good!
Reply 18
I'm not bothered by it in the slightest tbh
Reply 19
ShinyApple
This thread is still going?

Is there anyone here who is a little shaky about people trying to find 'Retro/Vintage' things... and trying to be 'Quirky!'?

If it keeps you warm... but not too warm when there's two of you, then its all good!

Nope, there are bigger issues in the world and its up the OP what she wants on her bed.

Latest