The Student Room Group

Unsure about University chosen

Hi there,

I believe I have chosen the wrong University. I'm feeling homesick, I know everybody does feel homesick at some point. I would like to move to a University closer to home, my University is quite far away and I'm struggling to cope.

There is a course that I am currently doing closer to home and this would make me feel less homesick as I'm closer and I can come home if I want to do.

I would like any advice possible who are in this situation or have been?
Stick it out it's the first couple of days, you'll get used to it.
Reply 2
Original post by dunno203
Hi there,

I believe I have chosen the wrong University. I'm feeling homesick, I know everybody does feel homesick at some point. I would like to move to a University closer to home, my University is quite far away and I'm struggling to cope.

There is a course that I am currently doing closer to home and this would make me feel less homesick as I'm closer and I can come home if I want to do.

I would like any advice possible who are in this situation or have been?

I was in the exact same position as you. I was really desperate that I actually considered to switch unis until I had some advice. I think I'm going to stick here to give the lectures a chance and see how things go. I figured it would be too late to switch anyway. Hopefully I will settle in as the academic term starts but we'll see. You should maybe try doing this too! :smile: Hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending