The Student Room Group

Can I teach myself a full A-Level in one year?

I'm taking AS Theatre Studies, English Combined and Psychology
and I'm doing a full A-Level (AS&A2) in German because I can speak it fluently (Not native but close enough in terms of level as my mother taught me from a young age)

I found out that to go to the university that I want to (Northumbria or Sunderland) I only need two full A-Levels... if I were to teach myself the A2 part of the Psychology A-Level I could finish school this year considering I'll already have German as a full A-Level

Do you think this would be a possible option for me?

I'm highly self motivated, I missed months of classes last year during my GCSE's due to illness and I managed to self teach myself everything two months before the exams and came out with A*-B in all my subjects

Advice appreciated
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific Study Help forum should help get responses. :redface:

I'm going to quote in Tank Girl now so she can move your thread to the right place if it's needed. :h: :yy:

Spoiler

A year is a long time if used well - organisation is all you need, I personally think it can easily be done good luck :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by skye1274
and I'm doing a full A-Level (AS&A2) in German because I can speak it fluently (Not native but close enough in terms of level as my mother taught me from a young age)

I found out that to go to the university that I want to (Northumbria or Sunderland) I only need two full A-Levels... if I were to teach myself the A2 part of the Psychology A-Level I could finish school this year considering I'll already have German as a full A-Level

I'm highly self motivated, I missed months of classes last year during my GCSE's due to illness and I managed to self teach myself everything two months before the exams and came out with A*-B in all my subjects

Advice appreciated

Yes, you can definitely teach yourself an A-level in one year I am. :tongue:

Advice appreciated

Hi skye1274,

It's great to know we're one of your options! If you want to know anything about the course/uni or have any questions just let us know :smile:

Sarah
Reply 5

Advice appreciated

Yes you can fininsh all your A-levels in one year, i did it even without attending classes, i got sick too.
Well i'm currently trying to teach myself two whole a levels in one year so I bloody hope it's possible!!!
Reply 7
Original post by Northumbria University
Hi skye1274,

It's great to know we're one of your options! If you want to know anything about the course/uni or have any questions just let us know :smile:

Sarah

Thank you for your reply! Yes I do have a question, as I'll be finishing my A-Levels this year (all in one year instead of two) I may go on to do a foundation year (I know Sunderland offers this however I haven't found many options for foundation years on your website) before my bachelors incase my ucas points aren't high enough to go straight onto the bachelors program, if I were to do this would I be able to, once I've completed a foundation year, go on to do a bachelors at your university?

Quick Reply

Latest