The Student Room Group

Saudi Arabian employer cuts off Indian woman's hand!!!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheCitizenAct
True, however it's very common practice. It opens up the possibility of the employer using the passport as a form of leverage. Then again, even without the passport the employee can't leave the country without the employer's permission (entry/exist visa).

It doesn't explain why there's so many expats from the UK and America who work in Saudia Arabia and enjoy it,that they decide to stay year after year. Personally I want to move to Dubai but it's so difficult to get a job
Original post by DiddyDec
Well it is better than carpet bombing and clearly these savage need to be civilised.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol imagine we told that to the European colonisers in africa 'the savages need to be civilised' :redface:
Original post by queen-bee
Lol imagine we told that to the European colonisers in africa 'the savages need to be civilised' :redface:

They brought the civilisation.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It doesn't explain why there's so many expats from the UK and America who work in Saudia Arabia and enjoy it,that they decide to stay year after year. Personally I want to move to Dubai but it's so difficult to get a job

I don't think it's fair to compare expats from wealthier countries to those from Asia/Africa. Mostly the former will be working in professional jobs, the latter as domestic help!

As for the article itself, disgusting barbaric *******s. I hope they get the same treatment back but it's unlikely :frown:
Savages and we support these barbarians
Original post by Mallika
I don't think it's fair to compare expats from wealthier countries to those from Asia/Africa. Mostly the former will be working in professional jobs, the latter as domestic help!

As for the article itself, disgusting barbaric *******s. I hope they get the same treatment back but it's unlikely :frown:

I wasn't comparing. I just think it's strange that given people know about what Saudia Arabia is like they don't seem to care.
They brought the civilisation.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahahah did you see savage they were in Africa? Putting the Africans in chains,disgusting treatment
Hahahah did you see savage they were in Africa? Putting the Africans in chains,disgusting treatment

I know, those Africans were pretty bad for making there own people slaves.

Posted from TSR Mobile
UK/USA/Russia/India/China should just take over Saudi. It's the best thing for the world.
I know, those Africans were pretty bad for making there own people slaves.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's funny how you never like to acknowledge the Europeans in all of this.
Original post by Bill_Gates
UK/USA/Russia/India/China should just take over Saudi. It's the best thing for the world.

They won't go down without a fight
It's funny how you never like to acknowledge the Europeans in all of this.

How they were kind and peaceful. They brought civilisation those otherwise savage nations. They are saviours.

Posted from TSR Mobile
They won't go down without a fight

It will only take a day for that coalition. Will be home for tea.

UK alone could do the job. But i think it's best if we have a global effort as we want everyone on board.
I wasn't comparing. I just think it's strange that given people know about what Saudia Arabia is like they don't seem to care.

Aah sorry, misunderstood your post then.

What do you mean by the second sentence? That the immigrants know or people in the UK etc know?

I think the immigrants aren't really clued up, a lot of them are probably from villages and as for people in the UK etc knowing and not caring.. well a lot of people are either apathetic or despite realising what's going on, condemn it but won't let it affect their life, therefore continue to keep silent about it :frown:
How they were kind and peaceful. They brought civilisation those otherwise savage nations. They are saviours.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're sick. How can you justify how badly blacks were treated at the hands of Europeans?
Original post by Mallika
Aah sorry, misunderstood your post then.

What do you mean by the second sentence? That the immigrants know or people in the UK etc know?

I think the immigrants aren't really clued up, a lot of them are probably from villages and as for people in the UK etc knowing and not caring.. well a lot of people are either apathetic or despite realising what's going on, condemn it but won't let it affect their life, therefore continue to keep silent about it :frown:

People going there from Europe or America. True enough
People need to leave Saudi Arabia alone.

The man who did this should be severely punished but he is one man and this is not a reason to cut off Saudi Arabia on the whole.
Someone needs to step up. Hopefully it will be Iran.
Reply 38
The article says the whole right arm, not just the hand. :lolwut:
Original post by BestBehaviour
People need to leave Saudi Arabia alone.

The man who did this should be severely punished but he is one man and this is not a reason to cut off Saudi Arabia on the whole.

Although I agree that punishing a whole nation for the actions of one person is wrong, I don't think you're aware that abuse of domestic help in Saudi Arabia is well documented and common. This isn't the first case. Or the second...

Though I agree that we need to punish the people, their government (and also the governments of the immigrants that go there) needs to make sure this stops happening altogether! So until they work harder to eradicate this problem it's fair that other countries are able to call them out on this.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending