The Student Room Group

Pay from work

I'm on a zero hour but have worked 2 to 3 8 hour shifts a week. I started on 16 October. Got paid today and i have only got paid 30 hours of work. I missed cut of point in October they said when i asked on 28/10 so I assumed i would get the october +November pay on the november payday but that hasnt been the case. I emailed payroll and they said cut of was 4/11 but even then I have worked way more than 30 hours. My contract does not state any where i would be paid a month arrears and my pay day would be on the 28th of every month So why would my cut off day be on the 4th of every month.

Can someone please advise cause it feels like they have messed up somewhere but I dont know if they are correct for sure
Reply 1
Original post by Mia_L
I'm on a zero hour but have worked 2 to 3 8 hour shifts a week. I started on 16 October. Got paid today and i have only got paid 30 hours of work. I missed cut of point in October they said when i asked on 28/10 so I assumed i would get the october +November pay on the november payday but that hasnt been the case. I emailed payroll and they said cut of was 4/11 but even then I have worked way more than 30 hours. My contract does not state any where i would be paid a month arrears and my pay day would be on the 28th of every month So why would my cut off day be on the 4th of every month.

Can someone please advise cause it feels like they have messed up somewhere but I dont know if they are correct for sure

There's usually a cut-off date so that the employer has time to get the information into their computer systems to do the calculations of tax, national insurance, pension, student loan deductions etc, produce payslips, and then arrange payment to arrive in your account on pay day. That said, a cut-off date of the 4th of the month for payment on the 28th does seem very early.

You could ask payroll if they can tell you the specific dates that they're paying you for, so you can make sure there's nothing missing.

It might be worth getting yourself a diary and systematically writing down the days and hours you've worked to make sure that you get paid correctly -- and can query anything that doesn't look right.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending